Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 29-08-2017 01:41 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

I'm glad u are athletic at the tender age of 19  .  But, as u mature to my age of, 66 and still walking in excess of 400000 legal steps per month u will come to understand the aggravation of being placed in a lower position because of obvious cheating

Pyrux
Journeyman
Options

I come to understand what you were trying to say, that's really good amount of steps from a 66yo man/woman, hope not be impolite..

MattiasJ
Apprentice
Options

Comparing my progress to the top legit players' is pretty much the only thing I find interesting with the monthly challenge. Even though I most likely wouldn't be able to compete with them I'd still like to see where I stand in comparison. What bugs me the most is that there is no reason to cheat since there is no reward but ruining the fun for others. 

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options
Not at all... I only wish I had started fitness at your age. I encourage you to keep it up.
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options
Exactly... I made the same point quite some time ago... The "winner" gets a attaboy crown on his/her avatar... But knows they won nothing... I, although only in the top 5 percent win good health and off blood pressure medication.. The ability to ride my bicycle in the summer and walk in the winter... So I consider myself the winner in the long run
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options
One other point Pyrux,, when u compete with whom do you compare yourself... The top ten or the middle 50??? Being a competitor I aim for the top . But this challenge is like a hight school wrestler going against a WWE wrestler... The fix is in before the bell rings
JC_Cali
First Poster
Options

The only thing we can do it report the top 10. Click on their picture and at the top right there's options to report. Incredible to see that day 2 of the challenge and they're over 200k. From day one they didn't even show steps for the day but they had a high count.I do my best to run 5mi/day plus walking around and I'm doing 12-15k steps per day.

Cym
Journeyman
Options
Basic math. And Google how many steps in a mile average.
ss7
Student
Options
It gets even better than that. There are 86400sec in a 24h period. Now if you check the top guy for today, goes by the name of David, who appears to have done 170944 steps as a top step count. And is already on 75000 steps for the day. Since the challenge started he has over half a million steps. We need to get this guy on TED-X, as he has found a way to incorporate eating and sleeping and removing waste whilst maintaining a healthy 1 step per second for every second of every day for the last 5 days. Inspiring don't you think. Personally I think we should show our support to these top athletes, who are paving the way for future generations of sportspeople, who's new doctrine will be "it doesn't matter how you win as long as you win". And for the rest of you, suck it up, you're grit, attitude, and sense of fair play holds no ground in this new world.

Here's what I suggest, we boycott the challenge and create a friends list with all us moaning minis (non cheaters) until samsung deals with the issue.
ScarlettKitsune
Student
Options
The fact that it can even be registered means it's being allowed.
0 Likes