Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 01-03-2019 08:13 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
lipefleming
Student
Options

I'd like to know, this is so ridiculous. Samsung does nothing, and why this is so funny for cheaters? They should be banned.

Dukovich
Journeyman
Options

Actually look this up on Youtube. People make videos of the crappy homemade setups they use to cheat.

Like taping your phone to the ceiling, over a ceiling fan, and the blades hit the phone and make steps. It's rediculous.

Maximus_Rufus
Student
Options

Even now,   non-cheater can't get first place! Has Samsung Health replied on this case!?

PerseoG
Journeyman
Options

I solved, after the third time that my the samsung gear fit2 pro broke, I decided to take a Suunto and withdraw from the cheat game and leave the Samsung Health app.

0 Likes
Qwurky1
First Poster
Options

Yeah, some folks on for five different fitness trackers and strap them to their arm and leg while they run.  Wanted to test them to a paint Shaker and give the cheating accelerated to a really ridiculous point?

0 Likes
TheClydesdale
First Poster
Options

I saw Samsung tried addressing this over a year ago. 

I'm a competitive person who enjoys competitions. I don't find cheating amusing. I don't even know why people cheat on a flipping step contest. Lame, lame, lame. 

This is why I'm selling this POS Gear2 and getting a fitbit. 

0 Likes
salmankk
First Poster
Options

i also complained samsung about that this software is more about who cheats more rather than real steps

0 Likes
SilentWalker
First Poster
Options

exactly, this is frustrating, we're on the 1st of March, 2019 and there's a new challenge started today which at the end users have to reach 200,000 and users already reached from the morning 100,000+ steps, THIS IS CHEATING SAMSUNG, please get a way to fix it

0 Likes
chubby22
Apprentice
Options

Unreal that these folks continue to do this, and that Samsung allows it. Hence why I don't participate in these challenges anymore. I'd rather just set a goal on my own and conquer it.... 

0 Likes
Timotheos
First Poster
Options
Couldnt agree more
0 Likes