Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 04-08-2018 09:25 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
raklik
Journeyman
Options
This month is my last challenge in SHealth. I'll try to sync my Gear s3 with Underarmour. Althoug I don't like much the UI.. I will try it. I didn't know they also have challenges.
0 Likes
Dan253
Journeyman
Options

tried to delete this post as it was in the wrong place.

0 Likes
Dan253
Journeyman
Options

i don't know why anyone would cheat on these challenges because it is so blatantly obvious that you are doing it.  And for what?  But, I have seen a few people post that they don't know how it is being done.  Well, I don't know how they are doing it to get such high step counts so rapidly but I have figured out one method of manually cheating that does work, but does not provide the astronomical results I have been seeing (3.8 million steps in a month - give me a break).  My Frontier has a shock (impact) sensor of some sort in it as I am sure most smart watches do.  If you remove your watch and hold just the end of the band and swing it a few times while allowing the other end of the band to lightly strike something (you leg, arm of chair, etc.) it will begin to register as steps.  Once it starts, you can simply allow the watch to swing back and forth without striking anything and it will continue to register your "steps"

Now, again I ask WHY?  Who knows.  But for all of you out there who want to cheat yourselves, now you know at least one way to do it.  Have fun with it while the rest of us actually take a few steps.

0 Likes
Tryptamine
Apprentice
Options

I work in the oil field, I can average 68k a day just normal walking if I were to speed walk or run I'm sure I could easily get 100k steps in a day.

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

No offense    but if you actually work there is no way you can walk over 22 miles per day average.    If you do.... Ur not doing any work ... Imho

0 Likes
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

No offense    but if you actually work there is no way you can walk over 22 miles per day average.    If you do.... Ur not doing any work ... Imho  Maybe 6,800 per day

0 Likes
David4000
Journeyman
Options

@Dan253 wrote:

i don't know why anyone would cheat on these challenges because it is so blatantly obvious that you are doing it.  And for what?  But, I have seen a few people post that they don't know how it is being done.  Well, I don't know how they are doing it to get such high step counts so rapidly but I have figured out one method of manually cheating that does work, but does not provide the astronomical results I have been seeing (3.8 million steps in a month - give me a break).  My Frontier has a shock (impact) sensor of some sort in it as I am sure most smart watches do.  If you remove your watch and hold just the end of the band and swing it a few times while allowing the other end of the band to lightly strike something (you leg, arm of chair, etc.) it will begin to register as steps.  Once it starts, you can simply allow the watch to swing back and forth without striking anything and it will continue to register your "steps"

Now, again I ask WHY?  Who knows.  But for all of you out there who want to cheat yourselves, now you know at least one way to do it.  Have fun with it while the rest of us actually take a few steps.

Well has anyone told Samsung about the bloody lazy cheats and fake accounts? I have each time i see Samsumg on via Facebook page advertising S9 with comments!

I ask samsumg questions about the s9  and always get a reply cool!

When I highlight Samsung health challenge the steps and  the cheats and the fake accounts they never get back to me I have one person said I will pass it on to my work colleagues for them to comment but they never do they don't care about what going on with the cheats that is unfair for people like me who use to use the steps but now after bot stretching properly not warming up got bad knees but coming right but I'll be up doing my walking soon but I won't be using this step challenge thing again...load of bull *****..

0 Likes
Tryptamine
Apprentice
Options

No I'm not mistaken we walk  around all day riging equipment up back and forth none stop no time for slacking location we work on are very big. We work 14-16 hours a day on our feet I can get 24,000 steps in a little over 2 1/2 hours to 3 Hrs due to the repetitiveness

0 Likes
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options
I call bs
0 Likes
Tryptamine
Apprentice
Options
Maybe get a real job but I doubt you could handle it if you doubt it possible I can easily prove it with my Samsung logs
0 Likes