Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tablet S2 cracked and unable to access device

(Topic created on: 20-01-2018 11:15 AM)
Diana65
First Poster
Options

Hi, my tablet S2 got dropped this morning and the screen and lcd is cracked, half the screen is black and the rest flickers and is unresponsive to touch. It also won't read my thumbprint (never did work very well in that respect) and so I can't access data on the device. Connected it to my PC but nothing showed up. Please help!!!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Any repair wouldnt be covered under the manufacturing warranty but a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location can assess it to give a costing. 

Or look to any time of insurance including any relevant Bank Account that may provide cover as a perk of the account. 

T&C's and excess fees would need to be checked. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Diana65
First Poster
Options
So, are you saying there's no way of accessing the content? I've looked into replacing the screen/lcd and though the price is lower than a reco I'd only go that far if really necessary..
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When a person hooks up to a computer there's usually a pop up then that shows on the devices screen asking what type of connection is wanted - unfortunatley I understand this may not be possible due to the current issue. 

In regards to "data" do you mean your photos etc ? Was this only stored in the devices internal memory ? Did you back up to Samsung Cloud. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Diana65
First Poster
Options
Yes, photos and downloads, and no, no back-up 😞
0 Likes