Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung pay gear s3 uk

(Topic created on: 27-05-2017 02:27 PM)
jasonpie
Apprentice
Options

does any one know when samsung pay will be available for Gear s3 in the UK. got it now eventually on s7 edge but still no gear s3. :0(

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Still awaiting the update too for my Gear s2 Classic.

I think it's a case of keep checking the software update section on the watch.

That said I'm also still awaiting my bank to join in.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
jasonpie
Apprentice
Options

Yep. hopefully it won't be too long, all my apple mate showing off paying with there watch. 😕

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Just smile at em.

Your watch imo knocks an Apple Watch out of the field in terms of form factor , customisation and aesthetics.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AdeByrne
Explorer
Options

I'm mighty ***** off. Just wasted £350 on this on basis of some very misleading information in advertising. 

A also have iPhone 7 and Apple watch.

I think the fingerprint on the S8 is very hit and miss compared to iPhone and the iris is not really ready for deployment. 50 % ish success. Apple pay so slick compared to this. A few other little things like not being able to wake it without picking it up.

I thought the watch would at least make the pay slick, so most disappointed.

Nice camera, and screen, but if I want those I can buy a camera, and a TV. 

Pay on Gear better be coming soon or they can have this white elephant back. I feel conned

0 Likes
redbaron101
Journeyman
Options
Yes it is available!! I've been using it for couple weeks.

Be very careful with the install though - the Samsung pay app on the phone is *not* the same as the app on the phone that runs for the gear(!!) I was using Sammy Pay successfully for couple weeks with no probems on Note4 paired with the Gear 3. Problems came when I moved to S8 plus - I made the mistake of thinking there is only one Sammy Pay app for the phone. So I installed Samsung Pay on phone then set up my credit card and 8 loyalty cards (yes it does those as well). That worked fine on s8 - made number of payments just fine (other than the annoyance that swiping up now brings up Sammsung pay - unfortunately its also the same action to bring up the home keys - number of times Ive started Samsung Pay app by mistake!

I then paired the Gear 3 to S8 (which performs a soft reset on the watch), which then asked me to install Samsung Pay on the phone (what? - I already had Samsung Pay set up), reset assured it prompts you to install the Samsung Pay for Gear Plugin - however the plugin is an identical app but just called Samsung Pay for Gear - and anything you already set up will not be in the Gear app on your phone.

I think mines got confused in the end I had to uninstall everything and reinstall - just dont bother adding any cards to the Samsung app until you have the Samsung App for Gear all set up first - also to make sure you are in the correct Samsung Pay app open the app on your phone from the Gear first, that way you'll save wasting time not adding your cards to the wrong app.

On the plus side, when it works it works just great! Especially when you see the confused look on the cashiers face.

Just make sure your bank support it tho. Its stated to work for cards from Nationwide, Santander and MBNA, HSBC, First Direct and M&S Bank. It worked for my Nationwide cards.

BTW, you can use Sammy Pay anywhere where they offer contactless payments. Also to note Samsung Pay has no limit, its up to the merchant wether they haver a limit on Samsung Pay - most will stick to the £30 limit to keep it in line with normal contactless card payments.
0 Likes
Aterfax
Journeyman
Options

FYI:

I have been told by Santander that they DO NOT currently support Samsung Pay for the Gear S3 or any tablets.

0 Likes
redbaron101
Journeyman
Options
On the Santander uk website it does say it supports phones though - s6,s7,s8 etc (http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/samsung-pay) - by that extension I don't see why it wouldn't work on gear 3?
0 Likes
Aterfax
Journeyman
Options

It doesn't support it as they have not approved nor tested it.

I asked their apps team about this specifically and they said with no shadow of a doubt.

It will not currently work on the Gear S3 or Samsung Tablets.

0 Likes
Borribles
Apprentice
Options

I have recently started using Samsung  Pay on both phone and Gear 3. Added HSBC card on both Samsung Pay &  Samsung Pay on Gear. No drama. However, after half a dozen payments the Gear stops working. Passcode entered,  pay button pushed and Gear vibrates but payment won't happen. I then  (frustratingly)  have to use my phone. 

I then  delete cards on both apps. Put them both back on and everything works just fine for a few more payments. Then....gear stops processing payments again!? 

Does anyone know why this is happening? I shall go back to using Android pay if this continues. 

0 Likes