Support

Open search

s8 blurred photos

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

My S8 camera when turned on seems more often than not to be blurry.  When it works it is fantastic but has become a real pain. Any fix or suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Superuser

Hello @Flynno

You could try the following advice. 

But if that does not help and the lens is clean and the phone hasn't been dropped or water has got into the phone then a Samsung Service Centre will be able to help you further. 

"Hardware test: go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.Front Camera: Select Front Cam, align your phone and tap to take a photo. Review the quality of the photo and let us know the results. You can then tap the screen to return to the LCD test screen.Back Camera: Select Mega Cam. Align your phone and tap the ‘capture’ icon to take a photo. Verify that the flash works during this as well. Review the photo and let us know the results.Let me know if your cameras focus correctly in this mode. If they do, then it highlights a software issue, if not, then I'd recommend popping into a Service Location to have your phones looked at by a trusty engineer at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location"

Current Phone ~ Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Duos 512Gb
Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch

6 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser

Hello @Flynno

You could try the following advice. 

But if that does not help and the lens is clean and the phone hasn't been dropped or water has got into the phone then a Samsung Service Centre will be able to help you further. 

"Hardware test: go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.Front Camera: Select Front Cam, align your phone and tap to take a photo. Review the quality of the photo and let us know the results. You can then tap the screen to return to the LCD test screen.Back Camera: Select Mega Cam. Align your phone and tap the ‘capture’ icon to take a photo. Verify that the flash works during this as well. Review the photo and let us know the results.Let me know if your cameras focus correctly in this mode. If they do, then it highlights a software issue, if not, then I'd recommend popping into a Service Location to have your phones looked at by a trusty engineer at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location"

Current Phone ~ Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Duos 512Gb
Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch

Just shake your phone...it works honest

After trying the tests and getting no result, I can confirm that the shaking thing works a treat. First go.

Omg! I can't believe it! I've been sat here for ages trying to figure out what is wrong...and you are right! The shake works! Was it an update that went wrong or something?????

Indeed shaking it works

thanks mate
Top Liked Authors