Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When finished recording a workout, Strava sync can sometimes take hours

(Topic created on: 05-01-2019 09:29 AM)
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

I have my Samsung health app (on the phone) set to sync with Strava. So whenever i record a workout (Cycling, running, walking etc), when the workout is completed, Samsung Health is meant to sync the data with strava.

I have a regular problem where the sync can sometimes take 12 hours approx.

This is an inconvenience because i like to finish my workout then look at the activity straight after in Strava.

I have tried these steps in order to 'force' a Strava sync but it doesn't work:
- Clearing the app's cache
- Force stopping the app and re opening
- Uninstalling the Samsung health updates and reinstalling them / re set the app back up.

I have also recently done a factory reset of the phone in order to fix another issue i was having...the issue survived that.

I am using a gear sport SM-R600NZKABTU

The phone I am using it with is a galaxy S8 plus SM-G955F.

The watch software version is:

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R600XXU1ARC4

Phone software version:

Android 8.0.0

Baseband: G955FXXU1CRD1

Gear app 2.2.20.17113061

Gear plugin 2.2.03.18041051

The gear manager, Samsung health and the watch are all up to date.

My friend has the same issue using a gear s3 with a note 7.

Currently, in order to sync straight away i am resorting to manually exporting the GPX file to the strava website.

This issue is intermittant.

238 REPLIES 238
daath
Explorer
Options

Any word on getting the heart rate monitor to work properly?

0 Likes
Stuy76
Explorer
Options

I'm using the latest version of S Health, 6.1.0.047 on a galaxy S8 in UK with Strava 77.0.0. The wearable is irrelevant as the issue is the record being shared from the S Health app to the Strava app. I've just had Tuesday afternoons run appear in Strava today at 13:15. 

There appears to be absolutely no collaboration between Samsung and Strava dev teams. ReLive syncs seamlessly with Strava, who I would imagine have a far smaller budget to play with than Samsung. How can they manage it but Samsung can't? I think Samsung need to accept that customers don't want to use S Health as it lacks any real social interaction. Don't try to railroad costumers into using it or it will damage hardware sales. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks for the info there, Stuy76. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

@daath: No news as of yet on the HR monitoring.

0 Likes
arew
Journeyman
Options

I just got the new 1.0.2 version of the Strava app on my Galaxy Watch - and it actually tracks GPS, heart rate and synced to Strava exactly as it should! Finally!! 

Stuy76
Explorer
Options
So Strava is fully supported on the new Galaxy Watch? No linked app routine? That would be a decision making feature!
0 Likes
daath
Explorer
Options
So Strava is fully supported on the new Galaxy Watch? No linked app routine? That would be a decision making feature!

If heart rate monitoring worked perhaps...

0 Likes
arew
Journeyman
Options

HRM worked fine for me yesterday on 1.0.2, a month ago it didn't. I think the app is fully standalone  but I'm not certain as I had the Strava app on my phone from before anyways. 

I have been getting by with Run4Gear - massive kudos to its author - but obviously having an official Strava app that works is great. 

0 Likes
Kong1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue seems to be going on for months it was said samsung health 6 would resolve issue but it has not this is annoying get it sorted 

0 Likes
holyrich
Student
Options

Hi, 

I bought a Samsung galaxy watch meanly to use it for workout. I  link my Samsung health account with my Strava account but when i record a activity with the watch. I can see it on the Samsung health app but never appears on Strava. I see that new activites on Strava are download back to Samsung app but it only goes one way. Have you fix your issues? Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

0 Likes
arew
Journeyman
Options

I suggest you give the dedicated Strava app for the watch a go. The latest version. 1.0.2, works well on my Galaxy Watch. It syncs directly to Strava and is not dependent on your phone (I just tried going for a run after putting my phone in flight mode, just to be sure).