Support

Open search

Want to disable ***** new emoji on contacts

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi all,
Samsung S8
Can anyone please tell me If I can disable these ***** emoji's that now appear on the screen when calling someone, they are completely pointless, why would I want to send an emoji when on a phone call. they appeared since the last "contacts" update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AntS Moderator

Hi @Malcfl.

Our software team have got back to us. They've confirmed that the emojis are a new feature that can only be turned off by disabling Profile Sharing in Contacts. You can do this by Contacts > (tapping your name) > more options (3 dots, top right) > Profile Sharing. There's a little more info on Profile Sharing here.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

7 REPLIES
BeccaS Moderator

Hey @Malcfl. Can you send us a screenshot of this? We can then look into this further for you. Have these appeared after a software update?

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
Apprentice

Yes, it seems to be a new "feature" added with the latest contacts update it is both pointless and unneeded whilst on a telephone call, there doesn't appear to be a way to disable them.
In the attached screenshot you can see one emoji to the right of the persons name, when you dial the number a whole string of them appear under the name of the person being called.
I did give feedback when the app updated and many of the reviews said this is pointless and would like a way to turn it off.

Screenshot_20170821-125151.jpg

BeccaS Moderator

We've referred this to our software development team and as soon as we've an update, we'll be back with you. Hang fire for now!

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
Apprentice

Thank you.

Apprentice

Further to this can you please ask if I can also disable the "Contacts" (Check out the latest updates) section as all it serves to do is take up valuable screen space?
Thanks in advance.

AntS Moderator

Hi @Malcfl.

Our software team have got back to us. They've confirmed that the emojis are a new feature that can only be turned off by disabling Profile Sharing in Contacts. You can do this by Contacts > (tapping your name) > more options (3 dots, top right) > Profile Sharing. There's a little more info on Profile Sharing here.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

That's brilliant, thanks very much for your trouble that has solved both the issues.

Top Liked Authors