Options

How do I uninstall from s7. Draining my battery and don't need or want

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarlH
Options

Hi @Robertmac. You're unable to uninstall this app but you can disable it. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Menu (3 dots) > Show System Apps > select the Gear VR app > Force Stop/ Disable. To also disabnle the notifications from the app, go to Settings > Apps > Menu (3 dots) > Notifications > Deselect the required options. Let us know how you get on with this. 

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Chewbacca
Navigator
Options
Hi Robertmac
To uninstall go into settings > apps > and scroll through the apps list until you see all the apps related to the VR, tap on each one and there will be an option to uninstall.
Hope this helps
0 Likes
Solution
CarlH
Options

Hi @Robertmac. You're unable to uninstall this app but you can disable it. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Menu (3 dots) > Show System Apps > select the Gear VR app > Force Stop/ Disable. To also disabnle the notifications from the app, go to Settings > Apps > Menu (3 dots) > Notifications > Deselect the required options. Let us know how you get on with this. 

Phil112
Apprentice
Options

This DOES NOT WORK. Samsung s10 plus same problem since update. Never used vr never wanted to. If you follow notification to uninstall it also uninstalls media apps also (fb, messenger, Instagram etc). Gear vr or any oculus apps not shown on app manager as never installed by user ( in other words they are boatware installed by Samsung in update). When eventually found gear vr all options to disable are 'greyed out'. Contacted Samsung Support with no solution given except 'try full factory reset' which also does not work as you cannot revert to previous version once Android 12 is Installed

Phil112
Apprentice
Options

Completely agree there is no way to uninstall this bloatware unless Samsung do it through an update. When I contacted them they said the last update would do this BUT IT DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!.

Still have this pop up notification every time my phone is switched on and only option is FORCE STOP which is reset whenever phone is switched off or restarted. It's about time Samsung sorted this out before people ditch Samsubg and buy a different smart phone.

Phil112
Apprentice
Options

You cannot disable as the option is greyed out only option available is FORCE STOP which is useless as it defaults to on whenever phone is restarted. Instead of supplying incorrect information try contacting Samsung support and insist that this discontinued app is actually deleted by them !

Members_0gbjtsE
First Poster
Options

And as quick as a flash?? No answer

0 Likes
Members_73DnriL
First Poster
Options

Had exactly the same problem, always some problems after updates really had enough now iPhone here I come 

Jynckz
First Poster
Options

I have the same frustration.  Sometimes it uninstalls other apps, but Gear VR is shiny and new everytime I reset.  My contract is up for renewal and after the lack of knowledge and support on this issue, I don't think Samsung is my best option.  This has been an issue for years!