Smartphones, Tablets & Wearables
Get the most out of your mobile devices and all on-the-go accessories

Unbox your phone

Unbox your phone

Did anyone catch the Unboxing live stream? We've been beside ourselves for weeks in the office.

How excited are you about the S8/ S8+? What's your favourite new feature?

Let us know what you think in this thread, we love feedback!

18 REPLIES
Helping Hand

Re: Unbox your phone

I like the Bixby as I have sight issues and it sounds like a great way I could use to make my life simpler, The features I understand at 1st would be limited to only a few Apps with more being added later which will be great. And for me 1 major bug bear has been sorted (the ugly cam bump on the back) it will be nice foir it to lay flat now Smiley Happy . I have gone over as much details as possible from the samsung site and will be using the early upgrade system and sending back my S7 edge in return for a S8+ so will be interested in buying the new clear view cover with the in built stand and maybe the new wireless stands that now comes in a convertible lay or stand mode! as for DEX it will be on my Xmas list Smiley Happy looking forward to the email now from samsung to do the upgrade only thing is.... orchid grey or black!?!

@Bades1978 it sounds like you're as excited as we are! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Helping Hand

VERY excited lol and the possibility to get it 8 days EARLIER than release day....

to-infinity-and-beyond_1.jpg

(Infintity is awaiting!)

Apprentice

Extremely excited Orchard grey s8plus on pre order sim free just can't wait now!!

First Poster

I'm really interested in an upgrade, but can't find anywhere advice on whether the S8s have the Edge apps facility which is one of the best things about my S7 Edge.

Helping Hand

[ Edited ]

Hi @HoraceWimp When they did the Unbox event they talked about it having the same functionality as the S7 Edge which would be what you are looking for as I to use the same things from the quick swip for the side menu to the night clock and contact alerts, you can see the edge system start here https://youtu.be/f3xMRvnQXwk?t=4m10s

Looking forwards to it myself Smiley Happy

First Poster

As far as I can establish I'm more disappointed in what's been removed. No functioning edge.

There's nothing exciting enough to compensate for that loss so you've lost a potential customer.

Helping Hand

What is it you mean by lost the edge apps? in the video you see them pull up the 1st roll on the edge apps, or am I missing some thing?

First Poster

Tried one in-store, nothing on the edge. It just rolled from page to page.