Options

Hello,

I bought a Galaxy Watch but I can't setup to watch with my phone Nokia 8 :

Model : Nokia 8 TA-1012

Android : 8.1.0

Galaxy Werable : 2.2.12.18080361

Galaxy Watch Plugin : 2.2.05.18091241N

State :

I used the Galaxy Werable app to setup the watch but the watch remains locked on this screen "Check your phone to complete setup" and the phone "Association in progress" and after a while "This operation takes longer than expected, press CANCEL to retry"

The problem is that the Bluetooth connection between the watch and the phone does not remain active.

I followed some advices in Nokia and Samsung forum :

- Reset bluetooth cache (Settings -> app -> Bluetooth -> Storage)

- Uninstall and install the 3 app again

- Reset Galaxy Werable, Plugin cache (Settings -> app -> Galaxy Werable, Plugin -> Storage)

- Restart the phone after the cache cleaning

I have a Samsung S6 (the screen is broken and the battery is discharging too fast). I managed to do the setup with the S6. So now I have a "watch" wihtout the "smart" beacause I can't use the S6. After that I updated the watch and tried again to connect my Nokia 8 but no success.

Someone can help me ?

Go to solution
41 REPLIES 41
Solution
Gas1982
Apprentice
Options

Hey, today i finally got the pie update. First thing i tried after phone finished updating, was pairing my gear fit2 pro. Works just fine. No workarounds needed. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
texynz
Student
Options

Still no official pie update for me yet, but at least I know I will be able to use my new watch in the future. Thanks all for the updates on how everyone got on.

0 Likes
texynz
Student
Options

Update: 

Got the pie update and cleared all the old apps and reinstalled. Connected no problems and setup. Still some issues with notifications not coming through and bluetooth not reconnecting correctly after you jumping out of range and them coming back in range. Think these are related. Definitely needs the pie update but still bt issues.

0 Likes
jagan999
Student
Options

Installing the app seemed to work fine initially but only when the app is in the front and active. If the app goes to the background, reconnect on bluetooth does not happen until the app is brought to the front. 

0 Likes
zborsos
First Poster
Options

Worked as in the description !!!
Thanks a lot .

0 Likes
Jonez
First Poster
Options

Yes, mine is connected now. I downloaded the 'Bluetooth Autoconnect app' then resetted the watch. Had the Samsung apps deleted from my Nokia android phone and restarted the whole pairing process. But before you start the pairing, you'd have to 1st open the bluetooth connect app and change some settings then you can get to pairing the watch. I'm enjoying my smart watch now :smiling-face:

jagan999
Student
Options
Thanks. Mine works too, using the same solution
0 Likes
ng9
First Poster
Options

Can my nokia 8 android version 9 be paired with smasung galaax smart watch?

0 Likes
febinsunnygeorg
Student
Options

Yes, can be done... follow the steps...

0 Likes
AlvinP
First Poster
Options

How do you install the whatsapp app on the galaxy watch using my nokia 8 phone

0 Likes