Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U Flex Headphone not compatible with S9 & S9+ / music playback not working on S9+, but ok on S7

(Topic created on: 13-06-2018 10:04 PM)
s1mplicity
Journeyman
Options

I am scratching my head over this one.

Using my S7 edge I have no issues at all getting audio (calls and music) played back on my U Flex Headphones. Both are truly great products. On the new S9+ I can use the U Flex Headphones for calls, but music playback simply will not work. When I turn off Bluetooth on the phone and switch off the headset for a few minutes, then turn both on again, I can get about 1 or 2 seconds of music from Spotify etc. but then headset goes quiet. What is really odd with all this, is that if I then make or receive a call, the headset works just fine.

What I also noticed is that whenever playback video with the headset connected, the video will not play steadily and there is no sound on the headset. The moment I turn off the U Flex headset, video playback is fine again.

Similarly I also noticed issues when using the headset for audio playback on a Mac.

Last but not least, I was able to test and reproduce the issue consitently with 3 pairs of U Flex headsets.

I am suspecting an issue with higher bit-rate audio playbacks. Is there anything I can do to be able to use the headset on the S9+ also for music rather than just calls? Is there a way to lower the bit-rate?

BTW, the S9 is a nice device, but just please Samsung, allow users to turn off ALL the Samsung apps on it. I really do not want to use Bixby and it always keeps on getting in the way.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
s1mplicity
Journeyman
Options
I am getting really annoyed about this one now.
Can I return the headphones? I am considering returning the S9+ too now. Battery life of the S9+ and all the bloatware that cannot be disabled is a misery. The S9 would be a fine device if Samsung just fixed the Software on it.
0 Likes
s1mplicity
Journeyman
Options

While connected to a U Flex Bluetooth headset I found that Video recording is not possible anymore on the S9. The Camera apps freezes and ultimately crashes. Anyone seen something similar? 

Andysaputra
Apprentice
Options

The work around is to restart the phone and headphones. Please help samsung. An update will be great. Love the product but it is really getting annoying.

0 Likes
s1mplicity
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm that. However, sometimes multiple reboots of the phone are required.

0 Likes
Andysaputra
Apprentice
Options

I have found a working solution. I tried factory reset on my phone and everything worked perfectly when connected.

0 Likes
s1mplicity
Journeyman
Options

Hmm... given the impact and inconvenience caused, not what I'd consider acceptable for a device with this price tag.

Just one question though: Did you have the Samsung Level app installed before and/or after the reset?

0 Likes
Andysaputra
Apprentice
Options

Thats what I thought. But that was all the samsung support could suggest and it worked. I guess thats what matters. You could back it up to the sd card and leave it for a night after you reset so that it downloads all the apps exactly the same. Downside is u hv to log in everything again. Not to some apps that use google smart lock.

After I reset and try to connect it, it recommended me to download the samsung level u app first. 

0 Likes
Andysaputra
Apprentice
Options

I may have found a way. After I reset, not long after that my u flex didnt work again. What I did now is:

Go to bluetooth settings

Choose the other settings menu

Choose dual audio

Switch it to on

I think it switches the audio sync off and after that it worked like normal again. Hoped it helps

s1mplicity
Journeyman
Options

This does work! Is it a solution? No, it's a workaround. The issue is not fixed. Only Samsung can do this.

I was able to to switch on dual audio and turn it back off again. The headset continued to work after I turned dual audio off again. 

Thanks for posting this!

0 Likes