Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 06-11-2018 09:49 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @GaryBrett.

A quick update on one of your suggestions from our developers:

"Feature Suggestion - Galaxy watch - Allow us to schedule Goodnight Mode, first 2 nights I had the watch it popped up at 10pm asking me if I want to enable. Since then nothing, I have to enable manually, then disable each morning. A schedule of say, 10pm - 7am would be nice."

Response: "When it comes to the Goonight mode, thanks again for the suggestion, however this one will not be implemented in the near future."

Please keep the suggestions coming though!

AntS
Options

I don’t want to stop or impact “out-of-the-box” thinking (because that has great value), but perhaps it might be good for me to share some advice and insight at this point to hopefully alleviate any frustration, despondency or disappointment that folks may be feeling.

If you’re thinking of suggestions for existing specific products and features, it’s very much worth thinking about the design ethos that product or feature may have been intentionally created under.

For example, here’s a short interview with a couple of the Galaxy Watch developers.

Note how “convenience/intuitive/ease of use” is a repeated theme when discussing the user interaction with the product; along with this end statement from the product planner:

We are continuing our all-out efforts to redefine the user experience for wearable devices,” he explained. “We are constantly cooperating with partners to identify ways to improve the device and make it more useful to users, and we plan to develop a variety of convenience-focused apps in the future.

What that all translates as is that the Galaxy Watch was intentionally created to be as simple and quick to use as possible; so any suggestions/ideas that are deemed to negatively impact that ethos are highly likely to be turned down by the product developers… for that product at least.

Similar story for other existing products and features too.

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AntS

“We are constantly cooperating with partners to identify ways to improve the device and make it more useful to users

Does that mean an end to bixby then and some Google Assistant port across to Tizen :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Some more updates on your suggestions, @Mrowin:

"Please tie Bixby into using Smart Things and add Nest Thermostat support to smart things so i can say for example "Hey bixby turn the tempature down to 72", being able to control that on my watch would be amazing, it would feel "smart" finally."

The developer has advised us that currently there are no plans to develop new S Voice features for the Gear.

"Background Styles, there should be more to pick from, and you should allow developers to create new ones and put them on the Galaxy Apps Store for download under their own category."

The developer says that they're looking into doing something like this for the next smartwatch model - with a variety of different types of watchfaces (both digital and analogue in style) being available; and where users could use their own images taken from backgrounds/patterned cloths.

AntS
Options

@ConcreteLlama: An update on your official camera control app for Samsung Wearables suggestion. Appears that the developer likes the idea of remote camera control on a Wearable - and the feature is being prepared for the next smartwatch.

ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

@AntS That's awesome :smiling-face: Is it likely that the application/feature would make it's way to existing products (such as the Galaxy Watch)?

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @GaryBrett.

Some more feedback from our developers re. your suggestions:

Feature suggestion (fix) - "Galaxy Watch - Change the algorythm or whatever it is that calculates calories burnt................"

nothing really specific, just to inform that they are continuously checking the algorythms and improving them.

"Feature suggestion - Galaxy Watch - Add steps data to the walking activity reports on the Galaxy watch / Samsung Health."

- we have been informed that this will be implemented in 2019. No timescales as yet.

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming!

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
Thanks @ChrisM appreciate it.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Our pleasure @GaryBrett!

0 Likes
V_J
Pioneer
Options
Still no comment on my suggestion?

Situation: 1. watch disconnects (e.g. because you go out of range), 2. notifications arrive on the phone (not on the watch as it is disconnected), 3. watch reconnects, 4. watch shows "you have new notifications" - or something like that, even without more details but just enough to make sure you know if you should check the phone or not.

Slightly different: different vibration patterns for e.g. SHealth and "true" notifications. Would be nice to know when you are walking and the watch vibrates, what type of notification it is without visually checking.
0 Likes