Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 19-09-2018 05:04 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Galaxy Watch - Suggestion -  Inactive Time Reminders

Be nice to have the option of changing some settings in here, if I have been sitting for an hour I'm not sure 5 torso twists really hit the mark? Perhaps we could set targets, 400 steps an hour for example would keep people more active than the set ones I have seen so far, maybe every 30 minutes too..

Galay Watch / Samsung Health - Suggestion - Fitness coaching

In line with many other smartwatch / fitness trackers would be nice to have some on-watch workouts, either pre-defined or created by the end user and have the watch track/report on it. For example have a 30 minute cardio / HIIT programme - 30 minute rowing programme - 30 minute strength programme etc etc etc.

Many thanks

0 Likes
M-o-r-g
Explorer
Options

@AntS wrote:

@M-o-r-g: An update on your Good Lock 2018 feature request suggestion. The developer has said that colour customisation of notifications is tied to specifics of a device's OS - and currently only available on Note9's on Oreo.

Well hopefully then someone will have the foresight to include that tweak in furture Oreo updates for the Note 8 . . (but doubtful).. . . 

0 Likes
RealEgo
Student
Options

Set do not disturb on phone from watch. Was a feature i used lots on my Moto 360 and woud very much like to see it in the next uypdate, can be an option i.e. When do not disturb is enabled; enable on watch only. phone only or both.

Simples.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Mrowin: An update we've got on this one:

"Why is there no official navigation and or maps app preinstalled on the watch? Some companys make s...

Aside from the technical challenges presented by the screen size, our developers say that privacy policy and software licensing issues are the main reasons why there's no currently no stock/pre-installed map app. Hope this sheds a bit more light on it for you. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Kondek85: We've got an update on your Screen-Off Memo suggestion. Our developers have advised that the suggestion would complicate the intentional simplicity of the feature's experience to quickly jot down short notes; and so, sadly, it won't be implemented (although, as you indicated, the note can be saved, and then shared to the reminder once saved).

I quite liked your suggestion though. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options

And that's a pity because this could be optional so the user would decide if he wants to use this feature or not. And to keep the simplicity time of reminder could be defined earlier in the memo settings so basically it would remain the same - Quick memo -> S Pen goes back to slot -> memo is being saved -> a reminder with defined time is saved along with memo. So no pop up window required and nothing is changed if about keeping it nice, quick and simple :winking-face: Maybe they'll like this option :winking-face: If not I'll speak to Mr Koh ;))

Thanks for support anyway, let them know about the other simple option, maybe they'll like it :winking-face:

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We've passed on your feedback, @Kondek85. We'll let you know when we get something back.

AntS
Options

@Mrowin: Some more feedback from the developers; this time for that stock Calculator app for the Galaxy Watch suggestion: with a downloadable calculator available from Galaxy Apps, there are no current plans for a stock Calculator app on the watch.

Me or one of the other Mods will keep you posted on the other suggestions/ideas you've made. 

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Think it would be better if you have your GW set to AOD that it actually stays on when you switch on 'water lock' mode. 

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

My 2nd suggestion would be to let the user set up a bespoke  "mode" (like goodnight mode) in the phone app to apply on the watch as and when.

So the user could set the name and include/exclude things like hr tracking, connections etc. This way a user can just switch the watch to the set up they want with one selection.

I find I am often having to switch on/off multiple things and wasting battery whilst doing this. Two or three bespoke set modes would avoid this.

0 Likes