Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 11-09-2018 05:31 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

There are a few of these and they all relate to the Galaxy Watch.. sorry if there are too many in one post here but they're all fairly simple suggestions so I hope that's OK!

Feature suggestion: The galaxy watch has the option to use double tap of the home button as a shortcut.... can we have the same option for double tapping the back button?

Feature suggestion: Different screen timeout options depending on whether the watch was woken up by a gesture or by a button. Currently the screen timeout option only applies to the watch being manually woken up, if it was woken by a gesture it only stays on for a few seconds

Feature suggestion: Ability to customise whether the watch face turns off automatically when facing the watch away (basically this would be the opposite of the "Wake up gesture" option). I don't mind the watch automatically turning the screen off if I've woken it up with a gesture, but it's really, really annoying when it turns itself off if you've woken it up with a button and are still planning on interacting with it, but briefly move your hand away to do something else. Personally, I think the watch face should only turn off after the timout if it's been manually woken up.

Feature suggestion (last one, I promise!): Ability to customise watch gesture wake up sensitivity. Sometimes it's a bit fiddly and doesn't wake up easily enough - esecially if I'm lying down or sitting back. This may just be that the wake up gesture needs some general tweaking but I do feel that it's not sensitive enough. I'd much rather it was oversensitive than undersensitive.

ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

...also an official camera control app would be great. I have an S9+ and the camera on that thing is amazing, would love to be able to put it on a tripod and use the watch to trigger it to take a photo. You can buy very simple remote bluetooth buttons to control phone cameras so I would have thought this wouldn't be too difficult to implement just as a remote button. Of course, tighter intergration with the unique features of the phone's camera software would be even better - integration with aleady strong aspects of Samsung products can only be a good thing as it encourages Samsung Wearables consumers to buy Samsung phone and Samsung phone consumers to buy Samsung Wearables.

AntS
Options

Some more updates:

@angel0: The developers recently reviewed the possiibility of a Tap2Wake-type feature, but weren't able to prevent the issue of the device unintentionally switching on in the pocket, and so have decided not to apply it (for now at least).

@Mrowin: Your suggestion for an internet browser for smartwatches is already being considered by the development team. If I hear anything more on it, I'll let you know.

0 Likes
V_J
Pioneer
Options

Any news on my suggestion for missed notifications?

Imagine the following:

1. The watch disconnects from the phone (e.g. because you walk away from it)
  2. Some notifications happen on the phone, but not on the watch as it is disconnected
  3. Watch reconnects

It would be nice if in step 3, the watch could signal that you have new notifications (even without details, just one notification that there are new notifications on the phone would allow you to know if you should check your phone or not).

Another suggestion would be to not mess up with languages and regions so much. I have a dual sim phone with a Polish and a Spanish simcard, the language of the phone is set to English and I have Belgian, English, Polish and Spanish keyboard layouts installed. As a result, in Galaxy Store, most things are in English but some in Spanish; in Samsung Health, the programs are in Polish but the food items are set with the English locale (making it very difficult to e.g enter Spanish or Polish foods). It is quite messy. 🙂

ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

I made a post with a few suggestions the other day (but maybe it was too many and to be honest they were mainly dupliactes of my other post about screen wake up) however that has disappeared - not sure if deleted by mods for above stated reason or I accidentally deleted it when editing it. Either way, there was one suggestion that I'd quite like to keep..

Galaxy Watch: Double-tap home button is a configurable shortcut. Would be great if we could do the same thing for the back button. If you're concerned people will hit the back button twice while navigating just set the default to None. Generally being able to configure more shortcuts with the buttons would be great - there is a lot you can do with an individual button. e.g. long press, double tap, short then long press, etc.. 

Another useful gesture might be the ability to swipe up from the bottom of the screen (like you can swipe down from the top for quick settings + status). This could maybe be used as either a configurable shortcut to a specific app or just to get to the apps screen.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@V_J: No news yet on your suggestion for missed notifications - but I've asked at our end if there's any update.

@ConcreteLlama: Your other post ended up in the Spam Quarantine, so I've fished it out and restored it.

Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options

Hi there Ants and the rest of you boys and girls,

I have a small suggestion regarding the Galaxy Watch do not disturb and Good Night mode. Many months ago, I think it was May 2017 I've sent an idea of adding a Turn Of Bezel mode to the Gear S3 Watch and after few months this was added and now, since yesterday I'm a happy owner of the new Galaxy Watch and really happy to see something like good night mode, but. Yes, there always must be a but :smiling-face: I personally think that few options in this mode are missing.

1st - schedule time like in Do Not Disturb Mode. Some of us usually go sleep at same or similar time every day and it would be really helpful to be able to set a custom time when Good Night Mode turns on automatically.

And 2nd - would be nice to add Turn Of Bezel option to this mode. When I sent my suggestions about this mode last year my main argument was that it's quite annoying when you move in bed and touch something with your watch and you see that screen turns on after really soft touch. Not gonna even mention some more rapid movement in bed and seeing watch on which can be... Disturbing :winking-face: My second argument was the battery loss during the sleep time. When we sleep we usually move or sometimes keep our hand under the pillow etc. and turning on the screen several times during the sleep time may cause a significant battery percentage loss at night. It even happen to me that I called somebody when watch was connected 

So, just two small tweaks please. Let us schedule the time and please add an option to turn off bezel just by choosing Good Night Mode (this can be optional, a toogle or smth like that when setting this up) cause now I have to turn on this mode and than dig through the setting to turn of the bezel before I go sleep :winking-face:

Should be easy for your guys I think :winking-face:

ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

@Kondek85 I second that, the bezel should not do anything on good night mode. At least there is a good night mode but it's just awkward going into settings and turning bezel wake up off every night

Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options

Yeah exactly, yesterday I found this to be little odd that this mode will switch off everything but the watch will still turn on for no reason. I hope it's a small oversight from the programmists and this will be added very soon. This is what I hated when I saw that my suggestion was good and they added this to S3 and they forgot to add this as a quick toggle or something similar. An option that helps to save battery is making me to use more battery to turn ito onby going to settings etc ;))

Maybe adding an flight mode or BT Off as an option in this mode would be a good idea too, I know that Good Night mode may loose it sense but for some people this would be a package for the night. BT Off, bezel off, sound off etc.

0 Likes
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

I'm quite happy for it to keep its Bluetooth connection in good night mode. If you want the features of flight mode too it's pretty easy to add that toggle to the quick settings so have both flight and good night simultaneously.

0 Likes