Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 02-04-2018 03:58 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
TheWall69
Navigator
Options

I have a suggestion.

Get all firmware and security updates rolled out a whole ***** lot faster. Not at the snail pace Samsung manages now.

Can you tell us when we will get 8.1 2020 or 2122.

0 Likes
Bakfiets
Journeyman
Options

Bring back the possibility of adding shortcuts out of the safe folder in oreo..I cant understand why samsung would remove this.

0 Likes
Ginger123
First Poster
Options

Probably the idea that will save Samsung customers. GET OREO UPDATE OUT TO YOUR BETA USERS AND THEN THE NEXT DAY TOTHE REST OF THE S8/S8+ USERS AS PROMISED. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. AND DO IT ASAP. 

0 Likes
raistlin85
Explorer
Options

Hello, I found a new problem after updating my s8+ to Oreo.

Apps installed in Secure Folder are not hidden anymore because when the app is opened a brief animation shows the app list for a while.

In addition this animation let people know that Secure Folder is used for hide somethings making useless the function to change its name or icon.

For example I renamed Secure Folder as "Memo", but now it's useless.

0 Likes
avakil007
Explorer
Options

Got an oreo update on galaxy s8 last week and noticed that app information ℹ option was removed form touch and hold menu. Normally I could touch and hold the app icon and used to get information ℹ option on the menu. I could easily go into app information and clear cache etc. Now I only get three options "select items" "remove shortcut" and "uninstall".

It would be nice to have this option back. I have attached Screen shot for reference. Screenshot_20180402-155354_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Cyborgcobra
Apprentice
Options

Although this had propably already been said 

Remove the hi from the bixby voice command as let be honest you don't say hi to people you know unless its the first time you talk to them and it's not fluid way to talk 

If you think of all the other AI's available only one ( dare i say it ) Alexa  is fluid and makes it deals like your talking in a normal way 

Also improved response time so you can ask a question or command within the same process 

E.g. Bixby set an alarm for 7am Or Bixby  what is the time in London? Is a natural use of language 

It's all about fluid movements. 

Thanks 😁

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@M-o-r-g wrote:

Hi me again . .

More suggestions . .

All software related.

First one: Samsung email client.

Basically it would be nice to be able to choose which direction you can swipe to delete,  I often get caught out swiping the wrong way when switching between inbox (by google) and samsungs email application, which work in opposite directions . .

Next one: Gear S3

At night when I wear my watch to bed (for sleep tracking) I switch the watch to 'air plane mode' and switch on 'do not disturb' (so the watch doesn't wake up with wrist movements to save battery) but I then have to dive down into settings to also turn off the bezel wake up action (again to stop any unintentional activations) . .  it would be better if you were able to turn the bezel wake up feature off from the pull down settings screen (where airplane mode and do not disturb are found) . .

@M-o-r-g. My software team contact tells me that these suggestions are going to be implemented in the future - so well done and thanks! :robothappy:

M-o-r-g
Explorer
Options

@AntS wrote:

@M-o-r-g wrote:

Hi me again . .

More suggestions . .

All software related.

First one: Samsung email client.

Basically it would be nice to be able to choose which direction you can swipe to delete,  I often get caught out swiping the wrong way when switching between inbox (by google) and samsungs email application, which work in opposite directions . .

Next one: Gear S3

At night when I wear my watch to bed (for sleep tracking) I switch the watch to 'air plane mode' and switch on 'do not disturb' (so the watch doesn't wake up with wrist movements to save battery) but I then have to dive down into settings to also turn off the bezel wake up action (again to stop any unintentional activations) . .  it would be better if you were able to turn the bezel wake up feature off from the pull down settings screen (where airplane mode and do not disturb are found) . .

@M-o-r-g. My software team contact tells me that these suggestions are going to be implemented in the future - so well done and thanks! :robothappy:

Will wonders never cease!

. . . I wasn't too sure that suggestions made in this thread would come to anything . .  this could prove me wrong (also it seemed to have gone a bit quiet round these parts lately) . . .

I will keep an eye out for updates . . and report back once they land (to confirm).

I've also just been updated to Oreo on the Note 8  . . so I may be back with more observations .  .  . .

Cheers . .

0 Likes
V_J
Pioneer
Options

Some more ideas after more extended use of my Gear S3 (now at 3.0.0.2)

- a notifcation for missed notifications (those that arrived while the watch was not connected to the phone) - I mentioned this earlier.

- different vibration patterns for different notification-sources (I mentioned this earlier), so you can feel if it is something from SHealth, or a message, or something else.

- currently, when a notification arrives, you need to use your other hand in order to be able to see it. A gesture so that you can see with one hand could be possible (e.g. shake -> switch between watchface and notification screen).

- some apps stay open (e.g. stopwatch), while others revert to the watch face after some time (e.g. alti/barometer). I don't know if this is a setting that is hardcoded in the app, but a choice for this could be nice (e.g. as a setting in the App section of the Gear app on the phone: "keep app in front for x seconds", with possibility for permanent)

- I mentioned earlier that some apps that need location functions can take the watch location whereas others need the phone location. This could also be setting in the Gear app: which location source to use.

0 Likes
Pryan12
Pioneer
Options
We need smart watch with lte in the uk hard wearing for the construction worker
0 Likes