Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden massive battery drain on S3 Frontier.

(Topic created on: 23-06-2018 10:10 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

My S3 Frontier has just gone from 3 days battery to 1 day overnight. I have done a complete reset so there are no other watch faces or apps other than the ones pre installed. There is no damage to watch and it's only 18 months old. Does anyone know why this has happened. I'm stumped. Thanks for any feedback. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the watch does not settle down after the reset you've completed and there is no awaiting firmware update then I'd suggest to use a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store who would be able to help you further with this situation under the 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty @Anonymous User

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
sdohnal2002
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I can tell you the reason, since I'm facing the same issue now since more or less two months with my S3 Frontier. 

The last software upgrade (think, it's 3.0.0.2) is responsible for this occurrence.

If you google it, you will see that e.g. in the States there are many S3 users already facing this since months, because this market got this upgrade earlier already.

Samsung officials will offer you to make a hard reset on your watch or to use battery saver, which makes the watch practically uselles as a smart watch. The next step will be to offer you to send your watch in, so that you have to pay for a repair, which isn't necessary because the issue is only on the software, not on the hardware.

Since there is no patch for this SW issue in sight, you can either accept the strongly limited functionality of your watch for the time being, or throw the watch away....

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thank you very much for your reply. Really sorry for my late response but work got very busy. I looked online like you said and it's a disgrace really that we've been left in this situation. 

I have traded the watch in now as it's useless as a smart watch as can't use the functionality. I've gone back to a standard watch now. Shame as I loved my s3. Thank you for your advice, it's really appreciated. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thank you for your reply. I've traded in the watch now as seems like a wide ranging issue and the s3 was pointless with such limited life. Thank you for your time and response. 

0 Likes