Spotify

Highlighted
First Poster

Why does my spotify play automatically after every phone call

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser I
Superuser I

That's not good @Drew22

If this was my phone I would check the Spotify preference settings and any relevant settings in the phone. 

Has this happened from Day 1 of downloading / using Spotify ?

As a process of elimination you could consider clearing the caches etc in the App via Settings, Apps,Spotify,Storage. 

If no joy then perhaps uninstall it from your phone and delete it from your Google PlayStore in My Apps.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

It's a feature!!!

This is how Spotify and Samsung work - it is indeed a benefit and not a bug -embrace it.

Samsung and Spotify believe that the best time to listen to music is directly after a phone call and so they have kindly automated the process for you.

Each time you hang up a call on your phone your Spotify app on your phone will kick in and give you some tunes- how thoughtful!

Doesn't matter if you are in a work meeting, in a library or on a mountain-- Samsung and Spotify think  it's always best to have music after a call. 

Dont bother trying to fix it - they can't be bothered either.

Live with it - they are after all giants of the tech industry and so know best - who are we to question why 

But also - there is a big fallout between them so there will be no further updates to the Spotify Tizen watch app - they don't talk to each other and nobody knows how to develop apps on Tizen anyway.

Top Liked Authors