Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sd Card

(Topic created on: 12-06-2018 09:28 AM)
RaySmith
First Poster
Options

Hi I have put a SD card into my Galaxy a5 2017. I've followed the instructions to transfer images from my internal memory to the card but there is nothing on the card. Any suggestions please

Regards 

Ray 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

Did you format the card when you first inserted it ? As you will need to format then copy everything over you then should be good to go.........

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
0 Likes
RaySmith
First Poster
Options
Thanks for quick reply. No I didn't format it and you know my next question haha how do I do that. Wierd thing is there are 3 pictures on the card don't know how they got on. Again thanks for your answer and hope you can help me further.
Cheers
Ray
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi 

When I bought my Sd Card for my s8 there wasn't a need to format it. 

If that was the case it would state on the packing to do so before using it and we'd probably see alot more posts with similar issues. 

You can set your camera settings to have pictures sent to the Sd Card. In fact when I first inserted my Sd Card it asked me if that's what I wanted to do  

To move a picture to my Sd Card I go into my files and choose images. 

Long hold on the picture and hit the 3 little dots in the top left corner. Choose move and then from the options choose Sd Card. 

To reformat a Sd Card.....

On the Home screen, tap Apps → Settings → Device maintenance → Storage → More option → Storage settings → SD card → Format.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

What kind of SD card do you own ? And where did you purchase it from ? As bandofbrothers is right.. You don't have to format the card as i just put in a 200gig sd card in my S8+ is picked it up straight away mate...

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760