Support

Open search

Screen Burn In

Highlighted
Apprentice

Screen Burn In

Hi there, 

My galaxy s8 had the screen replaced ( burn in)under the warranty by one of the Samsung support shop from uk.

Now i noticed that when the screen is turned off is not black ,it is grey . No problem in a dark room, but when in a normal lighting conditions ( day time or indoor light) the screen lacks its vibrancy and high contrast because the black isn't deep to give that nice contrast( when screen is off you can see a big difference in colour between the screen and the edge of the phone). I compared it with my wife's galaxy s8 and with an iphone 8, both phones has deeper blacks than mine.

Could it be a dodgy amoled screen? Or the repair shop screwed something up?

Now i need to take the phone back (((

Any ideas/ similar issues

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES

Re: Screen Burn In

In my opinion the screen needs to be black as this shows that all the pixels are turned off. 

If it's showing as grey then that could mean not all the pixels are off which can drain battery. 

My suggestion is to go back to source and discuss this with them. 

Compare it to the models on display. 

Their work will be guaranteed and if it's an authorised service location then original parts will have been used. 

Current Phone ~ S8 Model: SM-G950F. CsC:BTU.

Apprentice

The screen is off(pixels turned off completely , but because the display is grey in colour rather than black as it should be, then in the lit room , black looks washed out).
Hope it make sense 😁
Apprentice

Thank you for replying 👍

You're very welcome and good luck. 

Would you update your thread with the outcome please ?

Current Phone ~ S8 Model: SM-G950F. CsC:BTU.

Apprentice

Cheers, i will update with the outcome, probably next week
Top Liked Authors