Support

Open search

Samsung won't fix my phone

Highlighted
Observer

I have sent my Samsung phone in twice to get it repaired and now they are stating that it is beyond economical repair and won't replace my phone that is under warranty.  I bought the phone with this defect and Samsung is now stating they won't replace a phone I bought that was defective.  Anyone else have this problem with Samsung?

4 REPLIES
Observer

The phone is a Samsung S9 with microphone problems when taking video.

AndrewL Moderator
Sorry to hear that, @Patrick69. Samsung offer a repair warranty which covers software and hardware defects and will always look to complete a repair if it is viable to do so. If you have visited an authorised Support Centre and an engineer has deemed the device to be beyond repair then unfortunately Samsung must stand by this decision. I know it's not the outcome you were hoping for and apologise for any disappointment you have been caused.
Observer

This phone was defective from day 1 and you are telling me that Samsung won't replace there defective phone.  That seem right to you when the phone is under warranty?

AndrewL Moderator
If the phone was defective from the point of purchase then you would be required to contact the retailer/point of sale to arrange a refund or replacement. After the 30 day cool off period your phone is covered against software and hardware defects for 24 months however on this occasion the engineer has identified issues with the phone that place it out of warranty and beyond economical repair. For further clarification please contact the relevant Support Centre quoting your repair reference number and an advisor will be able to provide any further information.
Top Liked Authors