Samsung pay on gear s2

(Topic created on: 18-11-2017 08:53 AM)
Gk1
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20170828-162339.png

Screenshot_20170828-162422.png

Screenshot_20170828-162446.png

Who else is getting sick of Samsung's excuses?

95 REPLIES 95
Gk1
Journeyman
Options

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/samsung-gear-s2-hands-second-time-around-samsung-cracks-smartwatch-1518399 

Not a Samsung source but any information we can gather to build a case is worth getting. Was also thinking of setting up a a Facebook group so we can gather all the information in one place and use the power of social media to spread the word and get more disgruntled samsung pay people on board. What do people think? Any suggestions as to a name for the group?

ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Here is the reply I got back from the CEO of "escalations". I find this quite weasley...the point is that there was as strong implication in the marketing (in UK too) that the s2 was compatible with Samsung Pay....so I find it disingenuous to have to expect through read small print....Samsung gained from the "feature" marketing...customers have lost out.

-- We are contacting in response to your communication to our CEO's office concerning the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 and Samsung Pay. We can state that Samsung UK did not advertise Samsung Pay as available on this product within the UK, some other subsidiaries do have this available but it is not presently available within the UK market. Therefore, whilst we are disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction we do not believe that this was mis-advertised or mis-sold by Samsung UK and thus regrettably we cannot support your request for a refund or replacement. 

0 Likes
BuzzCola
First Poster
Options

The best chance is someone on XDA developers finding a work around from a gear S3 port.  It's a real shame but I probably should have learned my lesson with previously poorly supported products

0 Likes
Gk1
Journeyman
Options

When the gear s2 shipped on release it had the samsung pay app on the watch which was later removed via a software update. 

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Maybe if everyone who cares enough tweets /messages bbc watchdog, trading standards etc then everyone likes each others posts that's a start. Frankly I find Samsungs attitude appalling (although not entirely surprising) 

0 Likes
AntonChigurh
Explorer
Options

I too am royally fed up with waiting for this.  Samsung support told me over the phone it would be available in May (this was in April).  What's most irritating is that it's been enabled on US S2's, so there seems to be no technical reason not to enable it in other regions.

I've stopped using samsung pay and gone back to android pay.  What else can we do?  

Come on Samsung, Apple is making you look bad again - correction, you're making yourselves look bad and Apple look good.

0 Likes
BuzzCola
First Poster
Options

I couldn't agree more. I find it really strange, you'd think Samsung would be falling over themselves get people on Samsung Pay as it's a money maker and keep them on Tizen to grow the user base to encourage developers to release apps

0 Likes
BuzzCola
First Poster
Options

I've been keeping an eye on this thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s2/general/gear-s2-firmwares-r720-r732-t3684789/page2

Its got some interesting info.. it also suggests that the S2s in France have had a recent firmware update from a post yesterday. It isn't clear whether it's activated S Pay but maybe there is still hope? 

0 Likes
AntonChigurh
Explorer
Options

I wonder what happens to a US S2 when it gets to the UK?  Does Samsung pay stop working until the owner gets back to the US?

If not, I wonder if we can get it working by tricking our devices into thinking they're in the US?!

Anyone fancy giving it a try?!

0 Likes
TeamDolphin
First Poster
Options

My s3 frontier has Samsung pay uk installed on it but the sad thing is my bank is not supported by it 😞

0 Likes