Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay not showing an an option for galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 04-01-2019 09:42 PM)
Annish00
Student
Options

Hi, 

I've got a Samsung S8+ and have just bought a galaxy watch. I have Samsung pay installed on my phone but it doesn't show up as an option in the galaxy wearable app (although Samsung pay shows up under notifications, it's not there under apps?) . How can I get Samsung pay onto the galaxy watch?

42 REPLIES 42
Sniper3615
Journeyman
Options

I have checked my sticker and the rest of the box it just says R800, shows my serial number and EAN, however I scanned the EAN barcode and every site that google gives me shows me is portuguese, as per the translate option. So mine does not seem to be a UK model either, if I dont get an email tomorrow will call them they are open a half day at 13p per minute

0 Likes
Dessie
Student
Options
Sniper3615
Journeyman
Options

So i called Appliances Direct this morning, they confirmed that non UK watches have been delivered, and they will collect on 8th, and a refund issued in 7 to 10 days. They said they have just been made aware that their watches would not work, with either Samsung Pay or Android Pay. I have now purchased a new watch directly from Samsung, with a free £89 wireless duo charger. This should be delivered on 7th.

Got to the bottom of this in the end, thanks to everyone.

0 Likes
Luk4
First Poster
Options

Just press and hold Back Button and samsung pay will come up. 

0 Likes
My5090
Apprentice
Options

I just received my brand new Samsung Galaxy watch purchase off of Amazon with the same issue . No Samsung pay it's a USA version and iam in USA. So do I need to return it?

My5090
Apprentice
Options
Wish it was easy I can't figure it out!
0 Likes
My5090
Apprentice
Options

How did u end up resolving this problem?

I have the same issue!

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@My5090 wrote:

I just received my brand new Samsung Galaxy watch purchase off of Amazon with the same issue . No Samsung pay it's a USA version and iam in USA. So do I need to return it?

It would be an option I'd consider if in your position @My5090  and wanted Samsung Pay as an option to use right now.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Gina85e
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact issue! I thought I had a defective watch so I got another one and I still can't get samsung pay on my watch! 

GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi All,

There are at least 3 ways (I can think atm from the top of my head) to find out what customer code you have on your Watch.

1.Reset the device and see what language is displayed at the beginning of the setup. If it's English (UK), then you have a UK device and Samsung Pay UK & other UK specific services will be available.

2.Check device full model code (on the website you are purchasing, on the box, customer service, etc.) - for UK it should end with (i'm not 100% sure, but so far this is what I believe) BTU (BT/Wi-Fi) or EVR(4G/BT/Wi-Fi devices purchased from EE):

SM-R800NZSABTU (Silver - BT/Wi-Fi)

SM-R810 (Black & Rose Gold - BT/Wi-Fi)

SM-R805 (Silver - 4G/BT/Wi-Fi)

SM-R815 (Black & Rose Gold - 4G/BT/Wi-Fi)

If the model code (on the website where you are purchasing or on the box) is different (SM-R805FZSATGY / SM-R815WZDAXAC/SM-R810NZDA*****, etc.) then UK specific services will not be available - Pay UK, TfL, etc.

3.If you don't want to reset the device, you can dump a memory log and I can check the customer code in there - I it will be slow and I won't be able to do more that 2-3 devices/day.

Hope this helps.

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
0 Likes