Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay not showing an an option for galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 27-12-2018 10:07 AM)
Annish00
Student
Options

Hi, 

I've got a Samsung S8+ and have just bought a galaxy watch. I have Samsung pay installed on my phone but it doesn't show up as an option in the galaxy wearable app (although Samsung pay shows up under notifications, it's not there under apps?) . How can I get Samsung pay onto the galaxy watch?

42 REPLIES 42
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Annish00

Who supplied the watch to you ?

As far as I'm aware it's already on the watch. 

It was already on my Samsung Gear s3 Frontier. 

Set Up Samsung Pay on Your Watch.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Annish00
Student
Options

Hi, I havd the newest Samsung galaxy watch. Samsung pay is not pre installed on the watch unfortunately.

Sniper3615
Journeyman
Options

Any idea why? The watch is advertised as having this available, the manual states it is compatible, and nfc is turned on. It does not show in the app store under watch apps, it does not show as an option in the Gear Wearable app, when other screenshots from the UK do. I am confused. Unpaired devices, reset the watch, removed and reinstalled the apps and still nothing. I have an S9 plus with Samsung Pay working fine, and received the 46mm Galacy watch for christmas model- SM-R800NZSABTU

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In the Galaxy Wearables App this shows in mine.

Screenshot_20181227-082024_Gear S Plugin.jpg

My Samsung Gear s3 Frontier however did have Samsung Pay Pre-Installed!

0 Likes
Sniper3615
Journeyman
Options

My app hasmthis section missing

Screenshot_20181227-092118_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpgScreenshot_20181227-092135_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If you hold the top button in for a few seconds does nothing pop up in relation to Samsung Pay ?

Unfortunately as I use a Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch I cannot check your model of watch.

Either await for the Samsung Team.here to chime in or speak directly with your countries Samsung Customer service for clarification.

I did hear Samsung removed one of the payment connection methods in the new watch but I wouldn't have thought that a reson to not pre install Samsung Pay. 

0 Likes
Sniper3615
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for coming back to me. Yeah holding the back button does nothing. The watch has the magnetic strip payment method removed, the NFC is still there. I go into NFC settings and it shows me a diagram of how to pay, but says no payment software is installed. Looks like i will need to contact Samsung support. Thanks for your help

DannyT
Options
Hi there, @Sniper3615. Where did you purchase the Galaxy Watch? We have just checked our model here in the office and we have the same options as @BandOfBrothers.

If you press and hold the back button does Samsung Pay open?

Welcome to the Community!

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is a conundrum and something I'm sure Samsung will not want its customers to experience .

In your earlier post you said it's a " SM-R800NZSABTU" model number.

On the Samsung UK Online shop the model listed is SM-R800NZSABTU so it looks to be a UK model.

Some have it as per this thread Samsung-pay-not-working-on-galaxy-watch

Would you let us know what Samsung say please?