Support

Open search

Samsung note 8 voicemail icon won't go away

First Poster

This has not worked for me.   No matter what I do I can't get the voice mail icon off the phone.

I have an unlocked S9 and service from sprint.   There is no pre-loaded voice mail software.   I downloaded sprint's app, and it doesn't clear it.

I left a message on my phone and it didn't clear it.   It just always says there is a VM, there isn't.   How do I get rid of this notification!!!!

AntS Moderator

Hi @WebTraveler1. Unsure of all the troubleshooting steps you've already tried, but is Option 2 of Chewbacca's advice here any good for you?

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

No, those do not work.  I have tried those as well as a few other things.

AntS Moderator

@WebTraveler1: No worries. What other stuff have you tried? Also,  I noticed you said your service was from "Sprint". Are you based in the US?

First Poster

Yes, I am in the US.   Yes I have SPrint, but this is an unlocked phone.  

All I can figure out is that there is one of the system 'phone' apps, the smallest at 446kb.   If you kill that system app you can get it to go away - for that session.   Restart, and its back.   You cannot permanently disable it.   There has to be a better fix for this.

You'd think installing Sprint's voice mail would take care of this - it does not.   What it will do IF yiou have a real message is put two voice mail notifications on top.   There has to be a better fix for this.

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

@WebTraveler1: Definitely an odd one - especially if clearing the cache and data on the smaller of those phone apps isn't resolving it. 

At this stage I'd be recomending (in order) making sure all of the phone's software is up to date; Safe Mode (to see if a non-stock app is interfering); if it's still there in Safe Mode, a data backup and factory reset; and if still persistent after that, a physical inspection by a Samsung technician.

Have you been in touch with Samsung Support over in the US to see what their advice is?

First Poster

I was going bonkers last few days. I have not subscribed to voicemail and I kept getting this reminder notification. I did all the mentioned fixes like app permissions clear cache ,call the service provider sorted in my case but nope it was here to stay

I decided to switch SIM cards and after 2 days remove switched and did a factory reset. So far last 5 hrs I am happy   but keeping my fingers crossed.

Maybe the factory datareset corrected it 

Disable Visual Voicemail. This occurred to me when the promotion for free visual voicemail expired.

Top Liked Authors