Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

(Topic created on: 27-11-2018 03:13 AM)
Newwatch
Student
Options

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

Go to solution
144 REPLIES 144
Mee3
First Poster
Options

Just tried it and my watch came back to life! Thank you!!!

Skeeter
Student
Options

I pressed and held the power button for 10 seconds, fixed the problem right away with a simple reboot. 

I've had my watch 5 days, after getting it hooked up (which took 5 hours, long story) I freaked out when I couldn't get the screen to work. I know it was on and charged, but black. 

Skeeter
Student
Options

So glad it helped!

Bluebitsq78
First Poster
Options

It works

GazzaH
Apprentice
Options

Hey thanks for the solution, thought my watch was broken because I had the same black screen.

So pleased it is fixed because I love my Samsung watch

Crisboson
Apprentice
Options

Mine lasted less than a month, unfortunatelly this solution did not help. Any other ideas please???
I bought the watch while in the US, I'm not any more. Here the technical assistance hasn't even tried to turn it on 😞 

0 Likes
Derricl2000
First Poster
Options

This worked for me. I had to try a few times to power it down while on the charger, but it finally worked.

NLopez46
First Poster
Options

My screen went black all of a sudden yesterday. I solved the problem with your solution of holding power button while on the charger. Thank you!

0 Likes
ROIDRAGE
First Poster
Options

Screen just went black but still connected to phone and recieved notifications and sounds whilst black, held power button in for a few seconds while on charge and boom rebooted, worked for me thanks!

0 Likes
Twin277
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue with black screen. Have had Watch since September 2018. Watch now rebooted and has recorded steps etc. Thanks for the tip.

0 Likes