Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

(Topic created on: 04-01-2019 12:42 PM)
Newwatch
Student
Options

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

144 REPLIES 144
Zekial
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with my LTE launch unit that just started happening today. Force restarting shows the boot logo so the display is working. Could possibly be a bug?

0 Likes
Newwatch
Student
Options

Unfortunately I think I have to return mine. The black screen issue 2 days ago and yesterday the screen looked like it was experiencing seizures. 4 days old and so many problems. This is the first time I've had any issues with samsung products, but it does not leave me feeling confident. 

Hellraiser6662
Journeyman
Options
Ive had my lte for a week, and now sending it back, i would just do the same. Its got some much troubles its not worth the hassles to keep it, if people keep sending them back samsung will do a better job next time, instead of rushing this out for xmas market, mine has its HR on all the time even if you switch it off, it cant now read your heart error message every time, cant get emails when not bluetoothed to mine s9, no updates as well, vib all the time with nothing happening, the screen is more off than on which is pointless it if its a watch, the wake movement never works and list goes on and on. And back it goes to EE i'll wait till they sort all this out with a new redo in 3 months...
0 Likes
Solution
MDC
Student
Options

I FOUND THE SOLUTION.....   

I had the same problem, and was searching for the solution for a long time...hope this helps

WHILE YOU'RE CHARGING YOUR SAMSUNG WATCH, PRESS AND HOLD DOWN POWER BUTTON UNTIL IT POWERS ON..... This worked for me right away and solved my problem. Pls tell me if it worked for you

MiguelCBS
First Poster
Options

Thank you, had the same problem, but your solution also worked for me

Sooz108
Student
Options

Thank you, the same thing happened to me this morning whilst I was out walking.  Annoyingly it didn't count my steps but at least it's working again now.

Kellie076
Apprentice
Options

Thankyou for your information. I had the same problem this morning and thanks to you I was able to fix it very easily. 

0 Likes
SteveC1
First Poster
Options
Thanks, this worked for my new galaxy 4 watch. Hold down the bottom button while the watch is on the charger! Just takes a few seconds. Whew! J
Chelles
First Poster
Options

I also try to put it on the charger and pressed and held the power button for a long time and it works. The screen came to life and rebooted itself. Thanks for your help!