Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch Spotify Problem

(Topic created on: 23-11-2018 11:58 PM)
Fobs
First Poster
Options

Recently bought the GearSport as I had seen the Spotify advert and was interested. I downloaded Spotify hoping I could use it as a remote for Spotify on my S9 via Bluetooth but whenever I try to open Spotify on my watch via remote mode the app shows me an error which says

"can not connect to Spotify on your phone, please open the app there to continue" 

I don't understand this because my Bluetooth is obviously connected to my phone and watch because when I click on Spotify on my watch it opens the Spotify app on my phone but doesn't go further than that. I have tried all the obvious solutions such as deleting, clearing cache removing, access from the Spotify website and even factory resetting my watch plus multiple other methods and I still get the same error.

I called up Samsung support and the lady sounded very confused and just ended up telling me that this is because the watch is Tizen 3 and the phone is android oreo so it is apparently too "advanced" for the watch and "incompatible" which I find very hard to believe as using the normal Samsung gear music app I can control the music on my S9 Spotify but this isn't as practical as  you can only skip to the previous or next song rather than being able to actually choose which song you want your phone to play from your playlist.

If anyone has a solution please let me know.

4 REPLIES 4
Tugsaykulaksiz
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem with watch and note 9. I hope spotify and samsung solve this immediately.
0 Likes
Electr0
Explorer
Options

You need to roll back to a previous version of Spofity - from November last year.

Read this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Galaxy-watch-cannot-connect-to-spotify-on-your-phone...

That's the only way I was able to get it to work again.

0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

I figured this out a somew back should've updated on here too but I forgot it was still annoying because sometimes Spotify would automatically update on my phone I couldn't be bothered to revert every time besides few weeks ago the watch you tizen 4 update and now newest version of Spotify works anyway so there's no problem

0 Likes
Electr0
Explorer
Options

Hey @Fobss,

Could you share some more info? 

Tizen OS Version:

Spotify Watch App Version:

Spotify Phone App Version:

Android OS Version:

Thanks! 

0 Likes