Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tablet. Cannot receive or send Hotmail/Outlook E mails whilst abroad

(Topic created on: 25-05-2018 12:51 PM)
HalcyconDays
First Poster
Options

When on holiday my Samsung Tablet will not allow me to send or receive E Mails on my Hotmail/Outlook accounts in Europe. It seems to block everything to do with my E Mails. Sent ones sit in the outbox and incoming E mails are not received at all. As soon as i return to the UK it works again. How can I remedy this issue. Thank you

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is Roaming enabled on your contract ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Hi @HalcyconDays

What is the model number of your tablet? Are you accessing your emails via the internet browser on the device or are you using an application (stock email or Outlook)? Do you have a strong, stable WiFi connection?
HalcyconDays
First Poster
Options

it is Samsung S3 tablet. I use WI Fi in various hotels/restaurants. . Roaming not an option as not a phone. It is only Outlook/hotmail E Mails both incoming and outgoing that is the problem as they areblocked but as soon as I return to the UK it works fine. I can use tablet to look up aricles on google/miscrosoft edge whilst abroad so it not the wi fi connection.

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Thanks for clarifying, @HalcyconDays

Are you able to use the stock email app when abroad? 

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
HalcyconDays
First Poster
Options

No ,As soon as I go into my Hotmail E Mails it blocks all E Mails in and out

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@HalcyconDays

Try changing the domain to '.com' as opposed to '.co.uk' to see if this helps. You might also want to try downloading the Outlook application from the Google Play Store as this may serve to bypass any server restrictions you're facing due to your change in region.