Support

Open search

Samsung S8 making random beeping sound.

Highlighted
SOLVED

Hello. looking to see if someone can help me with an issue ive been having for quite some time now and was hoping that an update would fix the issue, but sadly it has only gotten worse.

Problem:

my phone AND my wifes phones are making random beeping sound. The sound that is makes is the same sound if you press the volume rocker once.

it makes the sound everytime after i get a notification, and sometimes when im watching snapchats or on instagram when im watching someones feed. as soon as it goes to the next snap or video AUTOMATICALLY it makes the beep.

Phone Model: SM-G950W

Android Version: 7.0

Experience Version: 8.1

Developer mode is OFF

phone is up to date with updates. 

if anyone knows anything please elt me know!. id really prefer NOT to wipe my phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It might be your Near-Field Communication app connecting and disconnecting automatically from nearby fields, like credit or debit cards. Samsung, in the infinite wisdom of their software department that serves up nothing but bloat-ware garbage, decided to put in a notification sound without any actual on-screen indication of what the notification is supposed to mean, thus creating a perfect method of instantly inducing rage on the part of their clients. A child could see the problem there, but not Samsung, apparently.

You may need to try messing about with your NFC settings, turning it off and on again, etc. That seemed to solve the problem for me, for now, but we'll see. Nothing like a vital piece of thousand-dollar technology that you can't rely on! Thanks, Samsung!

20 REPLIES
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Nadiir

Do you have notification reminder switched on? Check by going to Settings > Accessibility and scroll down to Notification reminder and make sure it's switched off.

Apprentice

Hi. That sounds like an annoying problem to have so I’ll give you my best idea to what the problem could be. While this has not happened to me personally, I have heard of something like this happening before. 

My best idea would be to try the device in safe mode. This mode means that third-party apps will be disabled. If the problem lies with some app you have installed, then this will make it evident. This way you will be able to identify the app and sort the problem. Here’s how to use safe mode...

To turn it on

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
  3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
  8. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

To turn it off

1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap Restart.

I hope that these instructions help you solve the problem. If they don’t, I would highly recommend taking the phone to a Samsung store or send it away to get it fixed. I completely understand why you would want to resolve it yourself as you wouldn’t want to wait a long time for it to be fixed. I understand that you don’t want to reset your phone but if you are desperate, you could just back it up, reset it and then restore everything. There is no reason to lose any of your information.

Anyway, I hope this helps and if it does, please press question answered.

First Poster

Thank you. Your tips helped.

Apprentice

What was the solution? I have this issue. I believe it is related to an app but don't know which one. I thought it was shazam but doesn't seem to be. It is driving me nuts  

It might be your Near-Field Communication app connecting and disconnecting automatically from nearby fields, like credit or debit cards. Samsung, in the infinite wisdom of their software department that serves up nothing but bloat-ware garbage, decided to put in a notification sound without any actual on-screen indication of what the notification is supposed to mean, thus creating a perfect method of instantly inducing rage on the part of their clients. A child could see the problem there, but not Samsung, apparently.

You may need to try messing about with your NFC settings, turning it off and on again, etc. That seemed to solve the problem for me, for now, but we'll see. Nothing like a vital piece of thousand-dollar technology that you can't rely on! Thanks, Samsung!

First Poster

Sussed it out if you have a contacless card close to it that what it is

First Poster
If you have a contactless card close to it it beeps

thank you, it was nfc snd it was driving me nuts. 

@Roxy78 wrote:

What was the solution? I have this issue. I believe it is related to an app but don't know which one. I thought it was shazam but doesn't seem to be. It is driving me nuts  

I have the same issue.  I can turn up the notification volume and it gets louder.  l then discovered that on my S8 the noise is called dew-drop. I turned off all advanced notificatwell one at a time and it still makes the few drop noise. Sometimes a dozen at a time come in.  my accessibility is turned off as well. I'm still troubleshooting

Top Liked Authors