Support

Open search

Samsung S8 keypad/dialpad not working

Apprentice

I too have the same problem and have just spoken to a Samsung support advisor who tells me it is not the fault of the phone, it is the IVR Systems of the people who we are phoning. Has anyone else been told this?

I'm having the same issue. Its recent. It may have started when I updated to 

Android 8.0.  Changing the settings suggested here or verifying them doesn't help. It may also be an issue with the latest Samsung update. I have to use my cable phone now if im going to choose options with a keypad. Fix it Android, or Samsung.

That fix did nothing for me.
Highlighted
Not for me.

facing this problem cannot use key pad to select options and no other way of getting through 

First Poster

If you're with Vodafone, call them and tell them. There's a Wi-Fi calling issue and they need to disable/re-enable it. It solved the same problem for me.

Apprentice

Hi there, no, I do not use WiFi calling so that can’t be the problem but I am pleased your problem is sorted ☺️

First Poster

Hi, neither do I use it, but it must cause some issue with the keypad/automated system. I would give it a try :-) 

What worked for me after chating with Samsung support:

Go to settings >> Apps >> 3 dots on the top right >> show system apps >> search for the phone application ( 3 applications) >> storage >> clear data.

Observer

This worked for me - thanks for posting.

Top Liked Authors