Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 Killing SD Cards

(Topic created on: 16-04-2017 09:25 AM)
Deezelpower
First Poster
Options

My Samsung S7 G930f has killed a Samsung Pro 64gb SD card then I put a 32gb SanDisk Ultra in and a few weeks later this card is now not working. Has anybody else had this problem.

I don't want to keep buying cards only for them to die, I use the wireless charging a lot and was wondering if this is causing problems.

25 REPLIES 25
brucey2019
First Poster
Options

Two SD Cards now cooked completely destroyed in this device. Same thing both times works then start getting messages that sd card was found and then dead. This might be my last galaxy cant afford to keep paying $25 to watch it burn.

0 Likes
Lostboy
Apprentice
Options
Yes that was my last samsung
ChibuzoBoltzman
Apprentice
Options

I'm still waiting to hear from Samsung on this. They should not think we can't hold them legally responsible for selling us bad products. It's not that difficult for them to experiment on the effects of wireless charging on memory cards when people have complained about this since last year. They are the ones to lose when strict regulations are placed on their products in Europe. 

Please get back to us as quick as possible on this matter. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Chris74
Student
Options

The issue is probably more down to people buying inferior memory cards. The first one I bought was a genuine Samsung card from Amazon Germany but that went AWOL after about 2 weeks. I bought another card and oneI had no issues what so ever. Using the correct card will make a huge difference.

0 Likes
ChibuzoBoltzman
Apprentice
Options

I think you miss the point here. My memory card is original Samsung bought from an authorized samsung dealer. Same with the wireless charger. The phone can't be fake of course. The problem is about wireless charging messing up the memory card.

0 Likes
Chris74
Student
Options

The original post wasn't about wireless charging so it's an issue that isn't just specific to wireless charging. I think wireless charging is just a gimmick as it takes longer and heats the phone up which is probably what's killing memory cards. The fast charger that comes with the phone is the only thing I'll use. 

0 Likes
dew1911
First Poster
Options

Mines never been wireless charger in its life and I'm having this issue, so it's definetly not the cause

0 Likes
brucey2019
First Poster
Options

Mine has never been wirelessly charged either. It's a problem with the device. I do agree it can get pretty hot so that might be the cause but none the less Samsung hasn't been the same since the S4 tried to keep up with adding all the water and dust proofing and forgot quality control. Oh well lots of good competition in phones now Samsung no longer has the market cornered. 

0 Likes
Chris74
Student
Options

To be fair I haven't had any issues at all after the first episode so unless Samsung have done something with a software update or the memory card I've got is the correct one I would still but Samsung.

0 Likes
Lucky13Racer
First Poster
Options

Happened to me as well.  When I tried to read these cards on a computer, they were not recognized.  I recently bought a wireless charger but the first happend before that.  Both SD cards were different major name brands.  Not going to buy another Galaxy phone with this costly flaw.