Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Notes Incompatibility

(Topic created on: 19-09-2017 07:40 AM)
Oceanchild
First Poster
Options

I have just got my Note8. Best phone ever! But the handwritten notes I create on it cannot be edited on my Tab S3. I get a message saying that the versions of Samsung Notes are different. To say I'm disappointed is putting it mildly: Apple's Notes work cross tablet and phone; Evernote is the same app regardless of where your'e working; OneNote is truly cross-platform. Come on please Samsung sort this one out. I've paid top dollar for your flagship phones and tablets and this is not what I expected. 

27 REPLIES 27
fanboydestroyer
Apprentice
Options

It won't allow you to install it. You have to root and that voids warranty and risks bricking it. Not worth, especially at the cost of the Tab $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

gr8
Student
Options
You rock! Fixed the problem for me...and can't agree more. Shame! COME ON SAMSUNG, RELEASE THIS THROUGH THE STORE!
0 Likes
gr8
Student
Options

It did not require root for me. ??? Installed fine, just have to turn on allow from outside sources, which doesn't void anything at all.

0 Likes
dvellaio
First Poster
Options
I can´t imagine that !!!. Totally agree.
Pmoon22k
First Poster
Options

You're a life saver!!!  Thanks!! I couldn't agree more, Samsung sucks on customer service and after sale service.

0 Likes
Combwalker
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot for this patch! Headache very short-lived 🙂 

0 Likes
Hamish
First Poster
Options

Still to this day in March this has not been fixed. I was absolutely outraged that not only after forking out the 1500 odd dollars Australian for the new note 8 only to see it does not come with S Note but a highly dumbed down version called Samsung Notes. Then to add to it my Note Pro 12.2" tablet can't install Samsung Notes forcing an upgrade to a new Tab S3 for another thousand dollars only to find this issue to. I was ready to throw the phone at the wall! How can such a big company such as Samsung completely balls this up so badly on their flagship phone and tablet and still nearly 6 months later not responded or fixed the issue?

I've lost all faith in Samsung and probably won't be replacing the current phone and tablet with another down the track as no doubt nothing from the old gear will work on the new gear. Very very sad day

0 Likes
jimmieholman
Apprentice
Options

i couldnt agree more  on the customer service opinion/FACT.  I have waited for over a year for follow ups and their customer service is the WORST.  I own 2 companies that have support personel ... i would have FIRED my own employees if they were anything like samsung.  For the premium prices we pay for Samsung products, we DESERVE and PAY for better. Any REAL help and solutions I have gotten to date came from a source OTHER than samsung.  Like others ... I have rethought the wisdom of future purchases ... because obviously Samsung hasnt well thought out or managed their end very well.... or simply doesnt care (as appears to be the case.

inflamatio
Student
Options

Congratulations, Samsung! I have changed Galaxy S8 to Huawei P20 Pro. And this problem with Samsung Notes synchronization was one of the reasons for that.

Actually Samsung account and synchronization between smartphone and tablet, gave me almost no benefit... Means that there is no reason to keep smartphone and tablet from one producer. 

SamBRZ2015
Student
Options

And an update from mu Side as well , i have change my Note8 for an iphone X and also my tab s3 for an ipad and my gear s3 for an aemail ple watch . Thanks Samsung for being so serious on losing your customers.