Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S3 music app

(Topic created on: 21-09-2018 03:28 PM)
Hauntedpunto
First Poster
Options

Hi,
I recently purchased a Gear S3 to pair it with my S9 plus.

I found the music app to be a bit insufficient in the following ways:

1) There is no progress bar. It gives you the option to move the track forward or backwards by holding down the "next track" or "previous track" buttons, but still this is not as good as a progress bar.

2) You can't have full control of the music stored on your smartphone. What I mean... If you want to listen to music stored on your smartwatch, you can select tracks by album, artist, genre etc. But when it comes to music stored on your smartphone, for some reason you don't have those options. You can only select tracks from the file/album you open on your phone. And if you want to listen to another song on a different file/album, you have to go back to your phone again and select this file/album.. and so on..

I mean these two small things are very annoying and very simple to fix..
In Wear OS there is an app, poweramp remote, where you can do all this stuff..
Why can't there be something similar for Tizen? 

PS: sorry for my English..

3 REPLIES 3
HD_Brian
Student
Options

I agree. I used Music Boss on both Pebble and Android Wear OS. I can not find any apps like that on the Samsung Galaxy Apps store that would give you better control over the media your phone is playing. I anyone knows a of a solution, please let us know. 

0 Likes
PowerScissor
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever find an option. Just got an Active2 and can't believe the music/podcast is terrible. I've just been wearing my Pebbles until I find a way to actually control from watch and not just pause/play.

Music Boss is a perfect app. Volume, progress, skip intervals, etc all gracefully done from a single screen. And bonus it worked for every media app and wasn't just for a specific one. We need to hunt down Reboot Ramblings and convince him to develop for Tizen.

0 Likes
HD_Brian
Student
Options

I actually emailed the developer of Music Boss and offered to pay him to develop Music Boss for Tizen. He declined, saying he wasn't doing development anymore.

The app market for Samsung watches is  a joke, unless you want a billion watch faces that all look similar.

0 Likes