Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S3 - Calorie Count issue

(Topic created on: 10-01-2019 10:30 PM)
TDazza123
Journeyman
Options

Hi Everyone, 

If you could possibly help, I have a Gear S3 Frontier and I seem to be having issues with the calorie count. Before I even walk it says ive burnt 400 and then by the end of the day its over 1000. I pedel to work, but on my ***** all day near enough. Im not sure if this is a fault with the software or the hardware itself. Anyone else have this issue ? 

Thanks

Tom 

20 REPLIES 20
VDRIVN
Explorer
Options

This is exactly what I notice, a day at the office with the occasional strolls outside and climbing 2 floors' worth of steps yelds almost 2200 kcal. crazy right? I have no available update as of yet, I just bought the s3 this Monday.

0 Likes
Kru1
Student
Options

I am also having the same issue! I played football (UK) for over an hour in a competitive match. I run like a dog! Like Tevez but it only showed that i lost 367 calories on the auto work out. However, the goalkeeper burnt 411 calories using a fit bit. The average you would burn during the 1 hour should be 800 calories. 

How is this so far out and how do i rectify this? Samsung live chat keep saying my watch is faulty but i have seen so many threads with the same issue! 

My Gear 3 details are:

Model - SM-R760

Tizen 2.3.2.3

Software  - R760XXU2BQC5

0 Likes
MrZbornak
First Poster
Options

I just recently got the same problem, my Gear 3 started to count calories totally wrong. I went for a 20 min run today, and Gear 3/ Samsung Health says I burned over 750 kcalon that run, and that is almost twice the amount. So somethibg is definately WRONG with my watch or Samsung Health.

Should I add serial number here? R5AJ207CSZX, if that helps...

Thanks

Jonas

0 Likes
Bbacon777
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. Otherwise, I very much like Samsung Health. 

Samsung, please advice on how to fix this issue. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Kru1
Student
Options

It still didn' fix after 3 months so I returned mine and got a refund mate.

0 Likes
aGua421
First Poster
Options

Right, I was also confused about this. Samsung uses your BMR and then adds on calories burned from exercise so you're going to show more calories burned than someone who has a watch that only tracks calories burned. Personally what Samsung is doing seems more accurate but it just depends on the user. 

0 Likes
Obi-Wan-Kenob
Student
Options

Same issue with the S4!!

This is unbelievable, The Samsung watch is counting calories and steps even if you ain't wearing it !

Any Fix Samsung ??!

0 Likes
Obi-Wan-Kenob
Student
Options

"You burn calories during sleep"...

The Samsung watch is counting calories and steps even if you ain't wearing it ! (when its charging ??)

0 Likes
MJPMCM
First Poster
Options

Hi guys.  

I think what is happening here is that Samsung have calculated your BMR from your details and evenly spread these throughout the day. Therefore even if the wearable is not on it will continue to count the kcal that it takes to keep your body alive. 

Burning about 2000 kcal a day without exercise is totally plausible for someone with the right height and weight stats.

It will then add the kcal that you are burning from exercise and it may appear that you have burned 700 kcal from a run, but that is most probably your BMR for the day up to that point + the exercise that you have just completed. 

I hope this is what is happening and that this helps. 

M

0 Likes
Oskald
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Today I did 2k steps in 6hours ()no food at all) and there were burned 1300 kcalories. It's not normal. Because for example during regularf evening walk 2k steps fire onle 25 kcalories. I dont't really understend how to fix. Due the first reason of those device was accurate calculations calories steps and so on.

0 Likes