Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 Battery

(Topic created on: 12-06-2018 09:24 AM)
TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

Hi does Samsung UK offer a service for battery replacement ? im willing to pay ? Or do Samsung uk sell batteries ? if yes does anyone know where i can purchase one from ? As my Tab S 8.4 battery could do with replacing it only last about 3/4 hours heavy use compared to 8+ hours before ? People please i aint interested in ebay fakes please..... Thanks

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
Galaxy Gear Frontier Gear S3 SM-R760
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The downsides to carrying out work yourself is that you would introduce dust etc into the unit as it's sealed and you could cause damage inside it as you attempt to replace the battery. 

Also any remaining 24 Month manufacturing warranty would be voided @TH3ROY

Have you looked at the battery stats to see what's using the battery ?

Try deleting power hungry apps. 

Also try cleaning the systems cache file. 

Factory Resetting after backing up has been known to help too. 

There are many fakes of phone and tablet parts around so one has to be wary of this. 

I would suggest to use a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store who will be able to help you further with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hey @TH3ROY! I'd recommend popping into one of our Support Centres for an engineer's inspection. To find the closest Support Centre to you, please head to: spr.ly/60108S76r Is there one you can get to? Let us know how you get on! :robothappy:

TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

Hi yes i have taken look at battery stats... Android system and Android OS sucks up a lot of battery, please note it's around 4+years old my Tab S its been a daily driver since purchase i use like my main phone i think its about time for battery replacement... As my charge cycle count is 3078 that's a lot of charge and discharges...

i will try to go to a service center but they ain't local to me the nearest ones 40 odd miles away..

Thanks...........

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey @TH3ROY

The device has done pretty well for 4+ years. :smiling-face:

As the Manufacturer Warranty has expired any work would be charged for by Samsung in my opinion. 

May I share my opinion as to what i'd do if this was my tablet ?

As it's quite an old device now the chipset and hardware in the device will be outdated and firmware updates will have or soon to be ceased as usually devices are supported for so long. 

So instead of investing time and money in replacing parts I would sell the device / pass it onto a family member etc or put it away As a back up, and purchase a newer model. Of course this is only my avenues on how I'd deal with this and fully appreciate you'll have your own options you want to choose.  

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

TH3ROY
Navigator
Options

Yep it sure has done a awesome job for the last 4 + years no issues at all awesome bit of kit.. But see the thing is, i'm finding it so difficult to let go of it, as it's awesome AMOLED display 2560x1600 pixels.. it's heavily modded thanks to xda, i do own a S8+ but the Tab S is in it's own league..

i have checked out all the other Samsung TAB'S the one i do kind of like is the tab S3 but it look a bit to big..

As it would be my daily driver, making calls browsing the net when your out and about, but it will be a bit difficult to mange, compared to the tab S 8.4 fits perfectly into most clothes i wear...

i will go to a tech store to check out the Tab S3 in flesh then ill make my mind up.. Thanks

Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 LTE
Tab S4 SM-T835 LTE
Note 9 SM-N960F