Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S8 - Galaxy Apps - Installation Failed (SIG_FAILED)

SOLVED
Apprentice

Hi, 

Since the latest major update (Oreo) I've been unable to update any of the Galaxy Apps, when ANY app is attempted to be updated it will prepare, download and then fail with the attached error.

I've tried:

• Clearing the cache
  • Restarting the phone
  • Checking permission settings
  • Updating to the latest minor OS update
  • Tried to update apps on their own or via the update all
  • enabled / disable auto update

Only the Galaxy store is failing, Google Play store apps continue to update without any issues.

I've read some other posts with similar error messages and tried a number of steps but none seem to have fixed the issue.

Are there any logs I can check to find out what SIG_FAILED really means?

Any help appreciated

Thanks 
Screenshot_20180517-230904_Galaxy Apps.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice

Update:

Tried a few more things last night, finally got it working.

It appears the latest Galaxy Apps update does not work on my phone.

I uninstalled updates from Galaxy Apps, loaded the restored version, cancelled the update prompt and then went into the available apps update area, I then clicked update all and now all the apps have updated.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Navigator
Try uninstalling updates on the Galaxy Store (or disable the app itself and then re enable it) it seems to have an internal error - and then reopen Galaxy Apps and hopefully the Store itself will update properly, then allowing you to update apps.
Apprentice

Thanks for your reply, I tried what you suggested and whilst the Galaxy Apps did update itself, the problem updating other apps still remains :(

Anything else suggested?

Thanks!

Apprentice

Update:

Tried a few more things last night, finally got it working.

It appears the latest Galaxy Apps update does not work on my phone.

I uninstalled updates from Galaxy Apps, loaded the restored version, cancelled the update prompt and then went into the available apps update area, I then clicked update all and now all the apps have updated.

Thanks

Navigator
Hey! Glad it worked out for you... It would have been the next thing to recommend - an older/original version of Galaxy Apps.
Seen similar posts dotted about. Hopefully it'll help a lot of people out.
Just Browsing

@Shoey79 wrote:

Hi, 

Since the latest major update (Oreo) I've been unable to update any of the Galaxy Apps, when ANY app is attempted to be updated it will prepare, download and then fail with the attached error.

I've tried:

• Clearing the cache
  • Restarting the phone
  • Checking permission settings
  • Updating to the latest minor OS update
  • Tried to update apps on their own or via the update all
  • enabled / disable auto update

Only the Galaxy store is failing, Google Play store apps continue to update without any issues.

I've read some other posts with similar error messages and tried a number of steps but none seem to have fixed the issue.

Are there any logs I can check to find out what SIG_FAILED really means?

Any help appreciated

Thanks 
Screenshot_20180517-230904_Galaxy Apps.jpg

My Problem was my phone was too full. I had the same issue till I removed some junk.

I just bought a Note 9 and this similar problem is coming in my phone. I cant open galaxy app store without upgrading the galaxy app. Hence this solution is not working for me. Do you have any other idea how to update my galaxy apps

Hi

I have the same problem .

The apps after download ,whould not install . and after that number 103 shows up . 

what should i do ?

please answer to me 

thanks 

First Poster

I am getting the same error message which you have mentioned I don't know what to do fed up with all those things can someone please let me know the solution. I tried everything but none is working for me. I need a solution from Samsung please help me on this. Spent thousands of thousand money to purchase this mobile but now feels like it wasn't worth..

Top Liked Authors