Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S8 - Delay after hitting "call" button until phone making the call

Apprentice

Hello,

I'm an owner of a Galaxy S8 since last 3-4 months, and unfortunately since day one I have a problem of delays in some commands, like for example starting a call, or opening an app.

As an example, if I try to call somebody, and hit the call icon, it waits ca. 2 seconds before starting the call. Every single time, there is a 2-3 seconds delay after I hit the call buton until the phone processes the command. Unaffected from charge level, whom I call, what background app is working etc. The same delay occurs in some apps as well when I hit certain commands. I made sure that there is not some app draining the processing power, I turned off the battery saver, I updated the android everytime. As I said, even when the phone was brand new out of the box, the problem still occured. I tried every possible solution (updates, app removals, background app check, battery saver etc) other than a factory reset, which I really don't want to do. Just updated to Android 9 by auto update. Did not solve anything til now.

To be sure I showed it to another friend with the exact same model, and tried his phone as well. On his phone, no problem, when you hit the call button, the phone directly calls the related contact. We compared phone settings, didn't see anything that can do the difference. A third phone was also available by another colleague, also without any problems on delays. So the problem seems to be unique to my phone.

Tried to use some key words and search for a solution, unfortunately no luck so far. So maybe the community may help me. Any solution proposals? I know it is not a big deal, but it's still annoying, and I would appreciate a solution a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
Superuser I
Superuser I

I can understand how this would be frustrating for you @Rew 

Can you put your phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then try launching a stock app and use the phone app.

If it continues then you could try clearing the cache of the apps.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the phone for you too.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Hello,

Thanks for the tip, and sorry for late response. I was traveling.

Unfortunately the delay continues to occur in safe mode. :/

Top Liked Authors