Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 earphones not working propperly

SOLVED
First Poster

Hi there, everyone! 

Just realised that my new Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 device's earphones or jack is not working at all. Honestly, the original earphones are still on the box phone came with, and tried 2 different pairs of earphones instead.  One is a Huawei and the other is a Samsung one.  The 3.5 jack keeps on disconnecting, getting out of the plug, just like doesn't want to fit in. My question is: should i use the ones that my device came equipped with, or could it be a malfunction? I am currently away from the original ones, as i thought there will be no reason to worry about using different earphones.  Please, i would appreciate an answer over this issue. And i quite find it as being a really important issue. Thank you for taking time reading my message. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

It should be fine to use any earphones with the correct jack fitting but some inline controls won't work sometimes. I.e. Volume Control / skipping tracks. 

Can you shine a torch light inside the jack port just to ensure no debris or dust has got I to it. 

To add a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location can also.check out the phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

LiamH Moderator

@Shafinhaque

I'd suggest following the guidance provided by @BandOfBrothers. You can find a nearby Service Centre here. One of our engineers will be happy to check this out for you. 

Liam

take_01.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser I
Superuser I

It should be fine to use any earphones with the correct jack fitting but some inline controls won't work sometimes. I.e. Volume Control / skipping tracks. 

Can you shine a torch light inside the jack port just to ensure no debris or dust has got I to it. 

To add a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location can also.check out the phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted

Hey there. Were you able to solve the headphones jack issue? Appearntly i suffer from the same issue exactly (And I have tried using 2 different headphones... i gst the audip from the speakers even when headphones connected

Im also having the same exact issue but my headphone was working fine before the oreo update but now its just dead ive so reset my phone but it did nothing :'(   just fed up with samsung

LiamH Moderator

@Shafinhaque

I'd suggest following the guidance provided by @BandOfBrothers. You can find a nearby Service Centre here. One of our engineers will be happy to check this out for you. 

Liam

take_01.jpg

plz solve this issue my phone jack is not working i have tried 3 headphone but mic is not working i record my voice but voice is not record 

First Poster
I'm having the same problem with my A5. In less than 6 months I've had atleast 4 new pairs of earphones at first losing total sound every time on the left speaker, then the right speaker either starts to sound very faint or lose audio completely! I know it's definitely not the earphones and my Aux socket is clean.
Top Liked Authors