Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy 7 burnt charger and phone

(Topic created on: 02-10-2017 08:43 AM)
AndyD1
Apprentice
Options

Hello

Yesterday morning I decided to put my Samsung Galaxy S7 on charge with the Samsung charger which I only got both in April 2017, I smelt a burnig smell to discover the charger end had started to melt in my phone rendering the charger no good obviously, and a Galaxy S7 phone that will no longer charge.  Anybody else had a similiar issue? I am about to call Samsung to see what they are going to do to resolve this matter.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Drophammer77
First Poster
Options

Same happened to me last night with my Samsung Tablet S8. I purchased this year. Tablet was at 38% and I turned device off & plugged in charger the device came with. As it sat on my wooden entertainment center, I'm watching T.V. I smelled burnt plastic. As I realized it was coming from tablet I immediately picked it up to remove charger plug. Almost dropped Tablet as it burnt horribly. The little metal/plastic thing that charger plugs into is burnt on part of it and also the tip of charger is deformed as it has melted partially. Never had an issue previously. Charger was plugged into wall socket, not an extension cord. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Drophammer77.

I've sent you a private message asking for some further information regarding this.

0 Likes
Moiz1
First Poster
Options

Yea I just woke up with a sparkling cable on my so right next to my face, I felt a sharp pain on my hand and couldn't sleep. I saw flashes of light which I thought were just coming from my s9, but it was the electricity from the cable and it had burned my hand. Luckily it was small, couldve been alot worse situation.

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Moiz1

I've sent you a PM requesting some further details as I'd like to get this looked into as soon as possible, we take matters like this very seriously. Do get back to me as soon as you can, thanks!

0 Likes
Madzia83
First Poster
Options
Galaxy 8 smell burns when charging ...
0 Likes