Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Developer's Conference

(Topic created on: 06-11-2018 03:33 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May be of some interest, Developer Conference tomorrow  7-8 November.   Some of the issues covered tomorrow:  Bixby  and Intelligent Assistants, Samsung AR Emoj Studio, Smart Things,AR Development,  samsung Dex, AI and Deep Learning.  https://www.samsungdeveloperconference.com/

Starts 10 am local time which seems to be 6 Pm uk time.  2017 highlights here https://news.samsung.com/us/press-kits/2017-sdc-samsung-developer-conference/      Video Highlights

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Speculation that the Galaxy F will be featured today, we will obviously find out more later.  Galaxy F preview   

It is Youtube link on main site, Samsung stream here Samsung Developer 2018    

Some info here https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-watch-samsung-developer-conference-2018/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Protype unveiled at the conference, though not giving you the full design yet.    Anyway gives good idea of the foldable technology, will easily fit into pocket when close dand open to up to tablet format (7.3 inch display).  Information also given on other types of  other Infinity Flex Displays which are being developed. There was also talk of  of stretchable and  and rollable   devces but will likely be a little while before they see the light of day.

Digital Trends- Foldable Phones

T3- Infinity Flex Displays

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A bit more on specifications from this site and likely developments, how tech will move forward certainly an intriguing area.  Certainly Galaxy F  (or whatever it is named in the end)   innovative and could be pretty amazing  (though other brands will be moving forward too)   Very much aimed at the premium end of the market, speculation around the £1300 mark to buy (though obviously this is not fact at the moment)   Infinity Flex Specs

At the conference much made of how smart phones have developed over the years, demand for bigger screens and the challenge has been to do so without continuously increasing the phone size   (once it reached optimum level)   Obviously need the technology for thinner glass to produce these results though the process was quite involved.

Much made of the  enhanced User Interface   (New UI)  , the key interaction  areas will near the bottom of the screen  so they are more accessible and easier to reach in bigger mobiles. More user friendly with larger focus blocks  showing greater detail.   A bit more information here New UI     From samsung press release:

"Pioneering User Experience and Display Innovation

Samsung introduces a new and intuitive interface design called One UI. Its clean and minimal design keeps the most relevant content on the bottom half of the screen – making it more natural and comfortable for one-handed use. The experience was reengineered to reduce clutter and distractions, allowing the user to better focus and quickly navigate their phone.

Samsung continues to build on its legacy of category-defining form factor and display innovation that has paved the way for a breakthrough foldable smartphone form factor. The Infinity Flex Display together with One UI delivers a new kind of mobile experience allowing users to do things they couldn’t do with an ordinary smartphone. Users now have the best of both worlds: a compact smartphone that unfolds to reveal a larger immersive display for multitasking and viewing content. The app experience seamlessly transitions from the smaller display to the larger display as the device unfolds. In addition, users can browse, watch, connect and multitask without losing a beat, simultaneously using three active apps on the larger display.

Because the Infinity Flex Display is a next generation platform, Samsung invites developers to participate in this journey from the beginning. Working collaboratively with Google and the Android developer community, Samsung will maximize the potential of this new form factor to create an optimized foldable user experience.

For more information about Samsung Developer Conference 2018, please visit http://sdc.developer.samsung.com/. Further information can also be found on Twitter (@samsung_dev) and using the hashtag #SDC18".

A few pics here:

F5  Phone ProtypeF5 Phone ProtypeF5  Tablet FormatF5 Tablet FormatFocus BlocksFocus BlocksInteraction AreaInteraction AreaDual Edge DisplayDual Edge DisplaySeamless DesignSeamless Design

danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi guys,

did you have a look on the dedicated web site of One UI?

(UK country page is also here)

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thanks @danitudi971   . Yes I have have now seen the Samsung's new UI page which gives a bit more clarity,with details of Beta for those interested.

danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

I hope Galaxy S9 users are ready to give their feedback about the new One UI, it is so important to partner with Samsung Team to find out how to improve the user experience.

Unfortunately, Italy is not included again this year, so I won't see anything until it is officially relaesed :grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye:

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

0 Likes