Support

Open search

Samsung A9 keyboard and camera

First Poster

I purchased the A9 several days ago. Ive set the phone up but auto correct seems to have disappeared from the keyboard settings. Does anyone know how to get this back?? When im typing, nothing appears in the bar above even though auto predict is on also.

also seriously disappointed with the camera, super grainy especially when zoomed in. Any way to get the camera to be a better quality before I send this back and get an iphone again :(

3 REPLIES
Superuser I
Superuser I

First turn off predictive text and then a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On, @jolondolo then turn predictive on. 

Please let us know if that does not help.

In regards to the camera may I assume a case or something similar cannot be hindering the lens.

You can perform tests via...

"Hardware test: go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.

Back Camera: Select Mega Cam. Align your phone and tap the ‘capture’ icon to take a photo. Verify that the flash works during this as well. Review the photo and let us know the results.

Let us know if your cameras focus correctly in this mode. If they do, then it highlights a software issue, if not, then I'd recommend popping into a Service Location to have your phones looked at by a trusty engineer at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location"

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Hi,

The camera worked fine during this text.

The predictive still doesnt come up with anything if i spell something wrong and now my fingerprints arent working due to a system error.

Does this mean the phone will need sending back?

JadeScreenshot_20190112-091838_Chrome.jpg

Superuser I
Superuser I

Try long pressing on the incorrect spelling in the tool bar and a pop up box should appear allowing you to delete it.

A person can also reset their keyboard in its settings.

I had some issues with the stock Samsung keyboard so I downloaded the Samsung beta keyboard and it's much better.

A Samsung Service Centre can take a look if you need them to.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors