Support

Open search

S8 wifi calling

Highlighted
SOLVED

How do I activate wifi calling. I got phone from Samsung but cannot find the feature

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KellyM Moderator

Hey @Sammarco,

Wi-Fi calling is a network specific feature. If your phone is open network, it will not include this option in the settings. 

25 REPLIES
Superuser I
Superuser I
Does your mobile network operator offer WiFi calling ? If so it may need activating on your account and if the phone was supplied by your mobile network operator then they may need to send you a carrier update.

Current Phone ~ Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Duos 512Gb

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

KellyM Moderator

Hey @Sammarco,

Wi-Fi calling is a network specific feature. If your phone is open network, it will not include this option in the settings. 

I too bought an unlock Galaxy S8+ from Best Buy and it does not have HD Calling, VoLTE, WiFi Calling. First of all, if you download the product manual, it does Not have  or mention on the menu "Advance Calling".  I went to a Verizon store and they said that HD calling, VoLTE, & WiFi calling is activated in my plan. The technician said they can't do anything as to the phone is missing the program for Advance Calling. I then live chat customer support on Samsung and the couldn't give me an answer as to where that feature is and they gave me a ticket complain number which I call the Samsung support line. They reffered me back to Verizon. So, the whole thing went around in circle. Bottom line - the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ is missing the feature "Advance Calling" in their menu. Samsung company has to do something about this because a lot of people has the same problem.

First Poster

Update I got from Samsung at the end of last week, suggested that they had no plans to make wifi calling available on unlocked phones and the carriers have no intention of providing a way to may the feature available on unlocked phones.

Pity as i do prefer Samsung to phones from the fruit of the serpent but they provide this capability on unlocked phones from the last 4 versions of their phones. As I need wifi calling and my carrier is phasing out their app means of doing this I am reluctantly having to consider moving to a fruity phone!

Same problem as you if I had bought the phone from the mobile company i woukd have this facility.
Explorer
I came across exsactly same problem. And samsung costumer services trying to convince me that it is somethimg my network provider should do. Verry frustrating
First Poster

@mlso wrote:
Same problem as you if I had bought the phone from the mobile company i woukd have this facility.

Same here, is this really not going to be changed? 

Apprentice
I have an s8+ network free and WiFi calling is there fine it's under calls then the 3 dots then settings and down the very bottom of menu
Apprentice

Screenshot_20180926-193824_Settings.jpg

This is my s8+ unlocked from car phone wheelhouse and WiFi calling is fine on it had to turn it on at o2 first took 48 hours then WiFi calling appeared in the settings under call

Top Liked Authors