Support

Open search

S8+ still no Oreo update..

First Poster

I have an S8+ bought last year in January which never got the Oreo update and i am stuck on 7.0 and I thought I'd eventually get it but seems like not.. tried to reset the phone to factory settings and nothing changed. I bought it from Romania and I wouldn't manually flash it since it still has one year of warranty. Any ideas?

Model: SM-G955F

G955FXSXU1AQJ5

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Superuser I
Superuser I

Can I assume your not a resident in Romania ?

If so then your dependant on updates being sent by that country try.

If you download the phoneinfo app from Playstore it'll show you what csc code the phone has. If it has the BTU csc code then it's a Samsung phone been supplied directly by Samsung and should get the updates direct.

A factory reset only takes the phone back to the last successful software update and will not invoke any new updates I'm afraid.

Your possibly stuck awaiting for the country you bought it from to send out updates which can be slow.

Putting a Custom Rom that's official wont trip Knox. A good site to check out is xdadevelopers.

Anyone performing installing a Custom Rom do so at their own informed decision and I take no responsibility for any eventual outcome.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

I still live in Romania yeah. My bro and I have bought the same phone from the same place the same day and he has got the Oreo update like months ago..

I have downloaded that app and on Original CSC Code it's empty, same on F irmware CSC Code. Active CSC code is ROM

Superuser I
Superuser I

The build and serial number will be different on both phones which also drives the updates which is why its come on one phone and not the other.

I hope you get the updates asap.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Top Liked Authors