Support

Open search

S8+ making strange beeping noise

First Poster
Thanks a lot. I just had exactly the same problem. Since last week I started to carry one of my cards in the back of my phone's(S8) case and this really really annoying beeping started. It forced me to put the phone most of the times in silent mode. Until today morning when I searched the problem in Google and your Q&A came up. Cheers mate. NFC is off and all is good now.
Just Browsing

I had the same problem from when I pressed the on button at the right hand side of my phone then swipe to unlock my screen then all of a sudden I would get that bleeping sound however, I found that when NFC and card reader was turned on this would happen. When I switched the NFC to off the bleeping sound would stop. Hope this helps you out as I found the bleeping noise very annoying and frustrating. I dont know if this is a new thing that came in the last update but if it was i think they should put up some sort of alert that when activated your phone will bleep so that we the users and patrons know that this is what will happen. I guess it's to make us aware that this is activated i.e NFC and card reader. 

Hope this helps you out. 

Just Browsing

I had the same problem from when I pressed the on button at the right hand side of my phone then swipe to unlock my screen then all of a sudden I would get that bleeping sound however, I found that when NFC and card reader was turned on this would happen. When I switched the NFC to off the bleeping sound would stop. Hope this helps you out as I found the bleeping noise very annoying and frustrating. I dont know if this is a new thing that came in the last update but if it was i think they should put up some sort of alert that when activated your phone will bleep so that we the users and patrons know that this is what will happen. I guess it's to make us aware that this is activated i.e NFC and card reader. 

Hope this helps you out. 

That can't be it. I don't ever have NFC turned on and I can't get this beeping to stop! I tried all the suggestions: clearing cache and restarting FB and Messenger (and I don't have any of the other programs people have mentioned). This started making a high pitched beep sound tonight for the first time EVER! Not only did it scare the crap out of me, I was running around my apartment, phone in hand, panicking that the smoke alarms were going off! It wasn't until my hubby pointed out that it was my phone, that I realized he was right! It was as loud as my smoke alarms. It has done it 4 times since. I can't figure out what the heck it is!!! So frustrating!!

Observer

This worked for me as well....Nice one!!!

First Poster

Go to settings

Then accessibility

Scroll down to notification reminder and turn it off

The screen will stop lighting and making tones. This feature reminds you every minute or 2 min or 3 depending on the setting it us in of unread notifications

I use the Note 8 and I experienced the same problem. Turning off the NFC really does work! Thanks! 

First Poster

Guys, same problem with the smoke-alarm like noise, and I literally did EVERYTHING I could find on various forums. NFC is NOT on (never was), I haven't installed any apps the last month or more, did the cache partition thing a few times, and an hr ago I installed the latest SW update. NOTHING helped and the sound came a few mins ago (I was really hoping the SW update will fix it but it didn't)... HELP!!

You have saved my sanity, and my phone.  Thank you

What's is NFC
Top Liked Authors