Support

Open search

S8+ making strange beeping noise

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Every time I unlock the my phone it makes a really horrid bleeping sound, the kind you would associate with a very low battery, now it has started doing it for 5-10 seconds after I unlock, I have turned off the unlock sound and I have restarted but it is still doing it. Any advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
First Poster

Thanks for the reply, I've actually just this minute sorted it out. I bought a case that I can store my cards in and it was the NFC connecting with my card, I don't know why it only happened at unlock but turning NFC off has done the job.

Thanks again 

20 REPLIES
Helping Hand

Hi @Hurricane,

Have had a look through the settings and nothing stands out that could cause that (that I know off) so my recommendation is to try the phone in safe mode and see if it still happens.

Turn on and use safe mode

Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
  3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
  8. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Turn off safe mode

1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap Restart.

This is just to see if it could be a 3rd party app causeing it, and try clearing the Cache incase to,

How to Clean App Cache on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+

1. Open the app drawer
  2. Look for ‘Settings‘ and tap on it.
  3. Then Tap on Apps->App Manager
  4. Now, select the app you want to clear off the cache.
  5. Now tap on ‘Storage‘.
  6. And then tap on ‘CLEAR DATA‘ to clear its cache memory.

If you would like to perform this task for all installed applications, this can be done easily. Follow the below steps:

1. From home, tap on ‘Apps‘.
  2. Tap on ‘Storage‘.
  3. Select the ‘Cached Data‘ and confirm it to clear entire cache on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.

if after all that it still doing it I say do a factory reset (make sure you have backups set up)

From Android OS

• Tap “Settings” > “Backup and reset” > “Factory data reset” > “Reset” > “Delete All“.

From Startup

1. With the device powered off, press and hold “Volume Down” and “Power“.
  2. Continue to hold both buttons until you see the Recovery screen.
  3. From the recovery screen, use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “Wipe data / factory reset“.
  4. Press the “Power” button to select the highlighted option.

That's about all you can try (unless any one else knows of more) at this point if the noise is still there go to the retailer with the fault or visit a Samsung shop. Hope this helps you out Smiley Happy

First Poster

Thanks for the reply, I've actually just this minute sorted it out. I bought a case that I can store my cards in and it was the NFC connecting with my card, I don't know why it only happened at unlock but turning NFC off has done the job.

Thanks again 

Helping Hand

Wow lol one for me to note down there then would not have thought to ask if NFC was on or not Smiley Happy Glad it is sorted though now.

First Poster

thanks it was indeed NFC, and I am using case with bank cards in it, therefore turning off NFC solved the problem.

First Poster

Okay, my phone is on the table nfc and bluetooth both disabled and it goes beeeeeep for about 3-4 seconds... and that aint a normal beep its extremely high pitched sound that made me deaf after the sound goes for 2-3 secs... the next one happens minutes after that .. i tried to contain it by closing all apps, turning on silent mode and even locking the screen didn't have any effect and what ever i tried nothing worked at that time.. it again goes on twice for 3-4 secs after that... any suggestions or help is welcome... 

First Poster

Thank you it was driving me mad sounded like a mine sweeper lol

First Poster

What was the solution for the smoke detector beeping? I've now recently started experiencing the issue. NFC is off. It seems like a location beacon to find a lost phone except someone is searching for mine.

First Poster
This had been annoying me couldnt find what it was ..but thanks to this post problem solved 👍 I had just started keeping my card in my phone wallet and didn't realise my nfc was on..

Omg thank you so much!! This has been drivi g me crazy for days. Just took my new debit card out of the back and problem solved!!!! Ta!

Top Liked Authors