Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8+ fast charger

(Topic created on: 04-06-2017 07:40 PM)
JPA7
Student
Options

Does anyone know if I can use the fast charger I have for my s7 with the new S8 I'll be upgrading to next month?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options
It can yes just need to change over the cable as S7 is micro usb and S8+ is usb type C (Thank god no more cable the wrong way around) however if you are part of the upgrade program you need to return the charger to (just a note if not don't worry)
0 Likes
JPA7
Student
Options

Many thanks Bades1978. I am part of the upgrade programme but have found at it is cheaper buying direct from the High Street, so pulling out this year.

Thanks for the speedy info.

ryan789
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Does using a power adapter affect the fast charging. I bought an s8 plus in Heathrow and when trying to charge in Spain via a power adaptor it's not functioning as a fast charger?

Reading the comments above I presume I would be fine to buy the old white fast charger from the spanish samsung store and this would work? From what I can see Samsung haven't released the new version to buy as a replacement.

Many thanks 

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi yes you can use the older white one, have you checked the power settings to make sure fast charging is turned on? Also check the adapter with another incase of a fault. 

0 Likes
Cloudy
Apprentice
Options

No. It's a different port. Very annoying!

0 Likes
ryan789
First Poster
Options

Ok thanks alot, so we don't think that a power adaptor would stop fast charge? I haven't been able to compare with another as of yet to check if it's faulty. I'll buy the white one and see how it goes!

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Just remember to change the cable over the brick is the same 🙂

0 Likes
Cloudy
Apprentice
Options
Hi First Poster,

You can use the fast charger plug in the wall which accepts the USB end of the cable, but the charging cable has changed as the port on the S8 is now a USB C and not a micro USB which fit the S7 and all other android devices. The port on the S8 is therefore larger/wider than the S7 and other android devices. It is a most annoying fact! I have had to purchase more cables for other parts of my house and my car. This I believe is in contravention of the law passed in 2013 which dictated that all android charging ports should be the same in order to reduce cost and waste. No idea how Samsung got away with this. Other than that, the mobile is great - but a bit on the pedantic side when touching the screen (have to touch a number of times depending on what app you are using).

Kind regards.
0 Likes