Support

Open search

S8 Smart lock - trusted location doesn't work anymore

First Poster

The smart lock function S8 doesn't work. After going in 'Smart  Lock' and making the security swipe, the screen Smart Lock is empty, just white, I can not change anything. How come?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hello @Stan1

As a first step.

Please try a soft reset by holding down the power button and the volume down button for around 7 seconds. Then let go of the buttons once you feel the device vibrate and see the Samsung Galaxy S8 logo on the screen. Your phone should then reboot.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

First Poster

Thanks, however nothing changed. Is a connection with trust agents? When a search for trust agent I see that smart lock (Google) is disabled by administrator. I do not know how to change that there.

My Smart Lock settings are now blank as well.  I can't see my trusted devices or locations.  I just noticed it today.  It has been working fine for months.  I just checked with my work's security people and they are not pushing any device management policies either.

I just removed my Exchange ActiveSync account and it is working again.  I am going to talk to our Exchange administrator next.  That means a policy of some kind is being pushed from Exchange.

First Poster

So I have reset my location on google maps ( it was out by a house block) and got it confirmed by Google. Smart lock seems to be back working ok.

Top Liked Authors