Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 SD card not working after December 2017 update

(Topic created on: 29-12-2017 11:26 AM)
KSM
Apprentice
Options

I done an update on my Samsung Galaxy S8 after the update popped up on my phone. Installed it. Once the phone phone was updated and done a restart. My SD card content disappeared and is showing as corrupt in storage settings. The SD card was 100% working before, therefore this update has either corrupt my SD card or the phone is failing to recognise content on it properly.

Please help as I have a lot of important content on there (family pictures and memories)

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KSM
Apprentice
Options

I'm not sure why a software update should affect my SD card, consdering it has worked in the past.

Also thankfully all my data isn't corrupt. So only solution I have got it back up my SD card on the laptop and formating the SD card in the phone and uploading the content back.

Thanks

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In my experience a person should remove their Sd card before processing a firmware update as some people's Sd cards have had a problem if they didn't.

Have you tried removing the Sd card and then turn the phone Off and On and then re insert the Sd card. 

If you can see if it works in another phone. 

Sadly you may have to reformat the card but this could delete any saved data on it or in the worst case scenario replace the Sd card. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
KSM
Apprentice
Options

I'm not sure why a software update should affect my SD card, consdering it has worked in the past.

Also thankfully all my data isn't corrupt. So only solution I have got it back up my SD card on the laptop and formating the SD card in the phone and uploading the content back.

Thanks

0 Likes