Support

Open search

S8 Rear camera will not focus

Apprentice
I have had samsung for the last 6 years and had nothing but problems
Took out s8 plus and now blurry camera only had it a few months
Im gonna go iphone next
Samsung phone are notjing but problems

This may rather odd and stupid, but I had this issue, and in frustration I shook my phone a little and then it started to focus again and work normally

Explorer

Then your phone needs to be repaired. It will become more frequent and you will get frustrated more. 

First Poster

Have same trouble & after shifting through the forum I found that a couple of taps on top of phone seems to cure the prob it has on mine!

Hope this helps

Dave

Explorer

Dave 

You have a high end top spec phone. Why on earth would you need to tap it to fix a problem. The problem is that it is damaged. Mine was and so was everybody else's. Tapping it just masks the problem. Get it fixed. 

First Poster

I agree Swifty75 but a few taps was better economics than the 4 hour round trip I would of faced to get the phone looked at - too soon to say anymore about the prob as it hasn't returned yet!

Dave

Apprentice

It really bugs me that this phone has this glitch ... it's a huge inconvenience and hassle to send off my phone to get repaired, Samsung need to get better at sorting these issues out.

Highlighted
CarlH Moderator

Hi @DaveRH. We could arrange a courier collection and have your phone taken to a Service Centre for an engineer to inspect if you prefer? 

My phone has literraly just done the same thing..came here for help.. front camera fine ..back blurry as hell 😢 nearly at end of 2 yr contract never had a problem till now...upgrade not due til April tho 😭 that's forever anyway 😟
Tried *#0*# and nothing 😞 so listened to the 'wack it' comment 🤔 thought as I'm due a new phone soon id be the one to try it for you all 😁 only hard tapped it against the palm of my hand and camera is working again people 👍no damage to phone either lol xx
Top Liked Authors